Menu for the Evening Meal in the Ocean View Cafe

bookitdanno

Anyone care to answer ?

We have been on the Eclipse but you are asking about times that we are trying not to be tempted, so I can't really be more help. There is an extensive breakfast buffet during the time we eat but I guess it would be scaled down for the late breakfast while they clear up to prepare for lunch. I am guessing that maybe the freshly cooked eggs and omelette stations close down - maybe. Afternoon tea consists of cakes and scones and little sandwiches. All very nice but we try to give these a miss! We have been in the buffet quite late-ish for a last cuppa tea and there seem to be things like cheese and cooked meats, and bread, that you could prepare a sandwich, and a few dessert items and fruit. You will love the Eclipse. Have a great time!

Edited by MrsNorman
Add a bit.

We ate there a few times when it was a struggle to get our preteen son to dress for dinner every night in the dining room back in the formal, semi formal and casual days.

It was a bonus that you were out quicker. I wonder why it no longer exists.

When they eliminated the casual dining they increased the quality of the buffet. Also, it was when the S class ships were introduced. There was a big press release on it at the time. Prior to this the buffet for dinner was nothing to rave about.

Going on my first Celebrity cruise onboard Eclipse next month...So tell me what the difference is between Breakfast Buffet and late Breakfast (food wise) ? What's served during Afternoon Tea? Also what is available during the Chef's Late Night Selection?

Basically just less of a selection, can’t help you with the tea.

Yes, the grills are along the rear wall by the Mexican area and between the dessert areas.

Dinner themes are located in the Dailies and also on the sign when you enter the buffet.

I can understand why some can't find the daily buffet specials - it appears not every cruise daily that is published has this information. ChicagoPaul current has a Reflection review live, and he posts the dailies, and no specials are listed for the lunch or evening buffet.

We have been on the Eclipse but you are asking about times that we are trying not to be tempted, so I can't really be more help. There is an extensive breakfast buffet during the time we eat but I guess it would be scaled down for the late breakfast while they clear up to prepare for lunch. I am guessing that maybe the freshly cooked eggs and omelette stations close down - maybe. Afternoon tea consists of cakes and scones and little sandwiches. All very nice but we try to give these a miss! We have been in the buffet quite late-ish for a last cuppa tea and there seem to be things like cheese and cooked meats, and bread, that you could prepare a sandwich, and a few dessert items and fruit. You will love the Eclipse. Have a great time!

Thank you so much !

The second cruise night on Equinox, the OVC had cooked to order filet mignon steaks. I found out the day after.

:loudcry:

It seems like it varies each night. Near the end of our 16-night cruise on Solstice on a sea day, they had whole filets and ribeyes on ice and would cut you off a slice however thick you wanted. I was really surprised.