Diamond lounge, Don't be so cheap.

Lots of conflicting information on that question!:confused: Some say yes and some say no! I have had bartenders say that, if they do share those gratuities, it is very minimal. Not sure if anyone can be 100% sure!:rolleyes:

When I put cash in hand each time I am served...I see that actual cash going into a pocket. ;)

That server/servers get to know us real quick, and look for us when we enter each night.

We were in the Concierge Lounge on the Grandeur last month on a 12 nighter. What I observed is that the Servers would give their order to the bartender to make for them at the C&A Bar. Also drinks that were ordered in the Palladium (Showroom) were made by one individual in a back room, non of the Servers made the drinks.

We did however tipped our Concierge Lounge Server very well on our last night. He was grateful and showed it. He also told us that they get to keep what people give them and don't share among the other four Servers. Something that often has taken place on other ships. Either way, whether people tip or not we were pleased with the service we received.

He also told us that they get to keep what people give them and don't share among the other four Servers. Something that often has taken place on other ships. Either way, whether people tip or not we were pleased with the service we received.

Did you always have the same server for the whole cruise?

We tip $1 a drink in the DL, even if it is a can of soda. Last cruise we had a couple sit us the first night and they tipped the waiter $5 for the 2 of them. We enjoyed the company of this couple and decided if they were there another night if we were there first, we'd wait for them and vice versa.

Long story short, they were there every night early enough to be seated so that when the 4:30 happy hour started, they were seated. When we arrived the second night, we sat with them again. They saw us tip $1 per drink and we probably had 2-3 drinks per night each and one might just be a can of soda.

The gentleman told us that they are there from beginning to end of happy hour and that we didn't need to tip "so much" as they tip the $5 a night and that was fine. I just thanked him and continued to do as normal.

If we get a drink from a bar during the happy hour time, we also tip $1 a drink. At the end of the cruise, the waiter in the DL that usually serves us gets an additional tip. If though, for some reason we didn't get there the last night, I am not as guilt ridden as I could be because I did tip per drink. JMO.

I tip just like you do. $1 a drink and more at end of cruise to the server or servers that have been so attentative.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I tip $25 at the end of the cruise since you have more than one server getting drinks for you. I don't drink alcohol but my husband does. They will get me a soda but they are still serving me and they work so hard and are such a great group, this was on the Oasis. They put all the tips together and split it at the end they told me.

I dont care what others tip and I dont follow what others are doing, free will.

As for me when we go to the DL we order 2 beers for my husband and 2 cups of wine for me and before we leave we give them 5.00 each night, the drinks are free and I am not paying gratuities. So why be cheap they deserve a tip.

However, if i get a package and order a drink in a bar I will not tip as I have already tipped 18% or approx 9 dollars a day and only have about 4 to 5 drinks a day which equals to 2 per drink tip.

As for Meals we do Chops and maybe another restaurant and we pay 18 percent on top of the daily gratuities, as i feel it is pety to take the auto gratuities off as these people do need to get paid and work hard and just because i want a specialty restaurant they should not be punished for it. So for 2 evenings i pay twice which should not even be an issue it a small amount and makes another happy, they deserve it in the dining room as they are very nice and work hard. (you can see it in their face, they are tired but smiling)

I dont care what others tip and I dont follow what others are doing, free will.

As for me when we go to the DL we order 2 beers for my husband and 2 cups of wine for me and before we leave we give them 5.00 each night, the drinks are free and I am not paying gratuities. So why be cheap they deserve a tip.

However, if i get a package and order a drink in a bar I will not tip as I have already tipped 18% or approx 9 dollars a day and only have about 4 to 5 drinks a day which equals to 2 per drink tip.

As for Meals we do Chops and maybe another restaurant and we pay 18 percent on top of the daily gratuities, as i feel it is pety to take the auto gratuities off as these people do need to get paid and work hard and just because i want a specialty restaurant they should not be punished for it. So for 2 evenings i pay twice which should not even be an issue it a small amount and makes another happy, they deserve it in the dining room as they are very nice and work hard. (you can see it in their face, they are tired but smiling)

I've never had a cup of wine. ;p

I've never had a cup of wine. ;p

We were on Freedom and around 7:55pm when happy hour was to end, people were carrying out 2 glasses of wine in champagne flutes. They ran out of wine glasses. :p

We were on Freedom and around 7:55pm when happy hour was to end, people were carrying out 2 glasses of wine in champagne flutes. They ran out of wine glasses. :p

Say it's not so. ;p Off topic, when was your last cruise on the Freedom?

Funny.:D The only reason I asked about the Freedom is if they were allowing the 3 voucher drinks that are loaded on your Seapass card to be used in the MDR?

The Happy Hour was 4:30 to 8:00, and the second seating was 8:00. By the time they got to the MDR, it would be past the time, ergo, bring the drinks out of DL at 7:55 to the MDR.

I got a double Bailey's last night in theater. Asked for it in a wine glass because those fit best in the cup holders.

BTW, Bailey's was actually Molly's.

It's quite good, but no doubt cheaper

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Funny.:D The only reason I asked about the Freedom is if they were allowing the 3 voucher drinks that are loaded on your Seapass card to be used in the MDR?
This past Feb I was able to use drink vouchers in mdr.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I pay the same cruise fare as those who haven’t reached Diamond or above yet. I get the drinks and they don’t, sounds free to me.

But you "paid" over the years with your loyalty (as have I). If you haven't "paid" you don't get into the DL.

Yes I leave appropriate tips.

I suspect there is a difference between UK passengers at times. In the US, tipping is accepted practice as it is how the bar staff earn their salary. In the UK, it would not be the normal process to tip when ordering a drink. All the staff would be earning at least the guaranteed minimum wage (currently £7.83), so tips are generally seen as a reward for exceptional service. Tipping at a restaurant is becoming more common than it used to be, but many people still don't. FWIW, we tip at the end of the cruise.

Personally I tend to find the tipping process quite stressful in the US. I get the impression that there is an expected amount you are meant to tip for each activity, but never sure what that percentage is. If someone is willing to enlightened me I would be grateful.

Sent from my D6603 using Forums mobile app