Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

I'm looking at Alaska cruises at the end of May (on or after May 29) or in June, but I haven't seen any with low or no single supplements. In fact, I've seen some solo occupancy fares more than double the advertised double occupancy fares.

Any tips would be appreciated. TIA.

I have had a number of 'good deals' in my email box this week, and agree - when booking on line, prices are more than double. It puts me off pursuing them, but some say that calling the cruiseline directly may lead to reduced fees; or maybe this is where a professional cruise travel agent can work on your behalf. Though I doubt it will be a super low SS.

I'm looking at Alaska cruises at the end of May (on or after May 29) or in June, but I haven't seen any with low or no single supplements. In fact, I've seen some solo occupancy fares more than double the advertised double occupancy fares.

Any tips would be appreciated. TIA.

Sometimes an inside room is cheaper than a Studio on NCL. Twice I have cruised (by myself) in an inside room for less than studio would have cost. Go for what’s cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a number of 'good deals' in my email box this week, and agree - when booking on line, prices are more than double. It puts me off pursuing them, but some say that calling the cruiseline directly may lead to reduced fees; or maybe this is where a professional cruise travel agent can work on your behalf. Though I doubt it will be a super low SS.

OK. Thank you, mef_57.

Sometimes an inside room is cheaper than a Studio on NCL. Twice I have cruised (by myself) in an inside room for less than studio would have cost. Go for what’s cheaper.

Thank you, 42CruiseCrazy. I was already aware of that. Bliss is the only NCL ship with Studio cabins in Alaska in late May/June, and fares for one week start at USD 2,234 (for an inside cabin, June 2 sailing). That is a lot more than I was hoping to spend. Inside cabins for one-week or nine-night cruises on the Jewel or the Pearl during this time period are significantly lower (for example, USD 1,238 on Jewel, June 18).

Thank you, 42CruiseCrazy. I was already aware of that. Bliss is the only NCL ship with Studio cabins in Alaska in late May/June, and fares for one week start at USD 2,234 (for an inside cabin, June 2 sailing). That is a lot more than I was hoping to spend. Inside cabins for one-week or nine-night cruises on the Jewel or the Pearl during this time period are significantly lower (for example, USD 1,238 on Jewel, June 18).

The Bliss is a brand new ship and quite different from Jewel & Pearl. I consider the ship is the destination as well as Alaska and have booked it for 2019. If you want to visit Alaska without spending a lot, then choose Jewel or Pearl. I have been on two cruises (Breakaway once & Getaway once) when an inside room rate was less than half the Studio rate. Go figure! Needless to say, I booked the inside room.

I booked a Studio for Alaska for next summer- when it was $1 deposits. I wanted the UDP promo and didn't know if they had the sail away rate that early. I actually prefer a studio to an inside so that I am in the lounge and studio area. I miss the days of 4 years ago where I could upgrade a week before from a studio to a balcony at minimal charge. oh well.

Something extra special. Transpacific itinerary.

Golden Princess

Transpacific (Tokyo to Whittier)

April 27 - May 12, 2018

solo inside $999

solo balcony $999

(additional fees/taxes $150)

Thanks. I'm on this cruise sharing with a friend. We paid way more for inside guarantee double occupancy. Prices started dropping last week and we got a balcony for no extra charge but this is even better!! Hope someone can take advantage. 4 ports in Japan, 1 S Korea then 7 sea days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not necessarily a solo deal, but NCL currently has certain cruises with Canada at par. That works out to be close to a 30% discount. I booked a solo cabin on the Breakaway out of New Orleans for Dec 6-16 for $1725 including taxes and gratuities. For a 10 day cruise, I figure that's a darn good price. No additional perks but I'm okay with that. Time

Time to update my signature!

Star Princess May 19, 2018 7-day Alaska southbound (Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay National Park) $798 usd + tax = $988 USD, inside GUAR, plus $75 OBC from a certain online TA.

Coral Princess May 23, 2018 7-day Alaska northbound (Glacier Bay National Park and College Fjord) also $798 usd + tax = $1023 usd inside GUAR, plus $75 OBC.

I'll note these for interesting itinerary. For some, it may be a bucket list cruise. There could certainly be other dates for similar fares, but these are two I spotted with "decent" cost per day.

Royal Caribbean Ovation

April 2-11, 2020

Roundtrip Sydney, Australia

New Zealand itinerary

studio balcony $1,186 (plus taxes) [Note: Fare is refundable. Fare is discounted based on Emerald status.]

Royal Caribbean Ovation

April 11-20, 2020

Roundtrip Sydney

South Pacific and Queensland itinerary

studio balcony $1,184 (plus taxes) [Note: Fare is refundable. Fare is discounted based on Emerald status.]

Carnvial Dream received an upgrade email. $32 to move to a higher floor balcony and $162 for a spa balcony.

I opt for the spa balcony. Was going to purchase a week pass at $140. But now have not only the pass and highest room deck with under 30 cabins on the floor. Going to love this

I just booked this NCL Epic Studio Trans Atlantic $1699 for 16 days 11/22/19-12/9/19 leaving from Barcelona to San Juan Puerto Rico. 8 ports along the way. $50 to reserve and you can pick one perk.

Edited by robbi5
add

These cruise fares are great but what are to paying for transportation ?

When it is so close to embarkation, the best bet may be cruise line air. Those within driving distance for roundtrip itineraries, it's a fantastic deal.

Edited by IrieBajan54
add text

When it is so close to embarkation, the best bet may be cruise line air. Those within driving distance for roundtrip itineraries, it's a fantastic deal.

I like the hunt for great deals. I find plenty, but airfare has killed many more. It's just one more part of the deal for me. I also find it much more economical to stick to cruises 12 days or longer.

I wish I were within driving distance like so many are. As it is I just wouldn't/couldn't do a 7 day.

I do like the tips on deals people have been providing. Keep up the great work.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Norwegian Jade

Transatlantic

Miami to Southampton

April 21, 2018

Inside guarantee $499 (additional $148.70 fees)

I saw that yesterday. If my passport wasn't in process for renewal I would have jumped on it. I have the FF miles to have gotten back and a job where I could have hunkered down in England with some old coworkers with internet access and worked till I could get a FF flight.

Next weeks Escape from NYC has some nice discounts on Balconies- around $1,100 with non-sail aways in some instances.

Slightly off topic- if I booked a studio and find in 3 weeks there has been a similar discount, can I call an upgrade for the difference? I found this worked in 2014-2015 but haven't sailed since then.