Which ships have a Movie Theater

mrmapt

I think there was one on Brilliance but it's been a few years since I was on that ship.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Brilliance had one on it last December.

GF watched a couple of movies, while I gambled.

And a reason why DH loves the Radiance class ships. This is one feature we wish the entire fleet would have.

Absolutely not a fan of the MUTS or watching a movie at the Aqua Theater.

And a reason why DH loves the Radiance class ships. This is one feature we wish the entire fleet would have.

Absolutely not a fan of the MUTS or watching a movie at the Aqua Theater.

Agreed! Royal Caribbean does a really awful of job of showing movies on the pool deck screens. I'm not even really sure why they installed them. The sound is terrible. There are no snacks or bars open and available. It is not even set up like an enjoyable activity.

It seems to be really more of just an afterthought or competition with Princess cruises.

We have watched movies onboard on the pool deck, and then watched them at home...and it was like a whole better movie.

The Radiance class has small theaters onboard. Much better viewing experience. :)

We have a cruise on Serenade of the Seas this October and looking forward to watching a movie or two at the movie theater. Do they have any snacks, drinks or popcorn at or near the movie theater or how does that work?

"Movie theater" is a strong term for what the ships have -- not that I don't enjoy them.

More like a room with comfortable chairs and a medium-sized screen -- larger than your big-screen TV, but not what you'd see in a real movie theater on land. Maybe 30-40 chairs.

No food served in the vicinity, but you can bring whatever you want in. No popcorn available anywhere -- if that's part of your movie experience, bring a bag (not microwave popcorn, but a bag like a bag of potato chips) from home.

Typically there's no staff member around; rather, the movies seem to be "programmed" to play.

We have a cruise on Serenade of the Seas this October and looking forward to watching a movie or two at the movie theater. Do they have any snacks, drinks or popcorn at or near the movie theater or how does that work?

No food or drink for theater. On busier cruises and popular movies they hand out tickets at theater hours before movies, seating is limited, 64 seats is what I'm thinking. Though u can show up at movie time, if someone doesn't show seat is available. Also no sitting on stairs, cruise staff will ask you to leave, safety hazard...

I recall a small theater on the Adventure of the seas.

Those "screening rooms" on Voyager/Freedom class ships have been removed and mostly replaced with staterooms. I can't think of a ship in those classes that still has the screening room.

Agreed! Royal Caribbean does a really awful of job of showing movies on the pool deck screens. I'm not even really sure why they installed them. The sound is terrible. There are no snacks or bars open and available. It is not even set up like an enjoyable activity.

It seems to be really more of just an afterthought or competition with Princess cruises.

It does seem like an afterthought to me, for the reasons that you describe. Not a competition with Princess (where are the blankets and the free popcorn?).

We have watched movies onboard on the pool deck, and then watched them at home...and it was like a whole better movie.

The Radiance class has small theaters onboard. Much better viewing experience. :)

Royal installed Movie Theater's over 30 years ago, Sovereign, Majesty & Monarch had 2 nice size ones. Nothing new... I do 60-100 nites a yr on Radiance class and pool bar is open when movies on. Most just run in WindJammer and get burger, fries & such to eat while watching. Though popcorn would be nice...