MyVegas rewards

HabsFan23

For those of us playing MyVegas on Facebook or on smartphones, a bunch of rewards including OBC (up to 300$), 35% off cruises and drink packages are being offered against points. Has anyone tried this yet? I know it's brand new, I just saw it yesterday. Thanks!

As of today, almost everything is showing sold out. All that is left is a bottle of wine for 22,500 points, $25 in free slot play for 50,000 points and 35% off of cruise fare for 350,000 points with 10 of those left.

As of today, almost everything is showing sold out. All that is left is a bottle of wine for 22,500 points, $25 in free slot play for 50,000 points and 35% off of cruise fare for 350,000 points with 10 of those left.

When I looked at those showing "sold out", the terms say they will be available starting August 25. i'm not sure if they have been available at all? Nonetheless, I'm hoping these rewards stay for awhile! I was going to spend my points for a short trip to Vegas in November, now I'm wondering if I should save them...I have 750,000 and counting points. Of course, we were thinking of getting married there next year. Decisions Decisions! It's great to have these additional options, for sure!

It says with the purchase of a cruise, so I'm thinking that it's only for new bookings?

I'm wondering that too..I have a RCI cruise booked for August 2015. I'm hoping the rewards stick around to use a few of them on that cruise. If not, I'll just have to book another one. LOL. Of course, now the question is the combinability of some of them with C&A Discounts and other "sales"? Ugh.

They are available for purchasing now but can't be redeemed until Aug 25. I bought both the Beverage package and the $200 OBC this morning. It does seem that they are only for new bookings through RC but I did send them an email to confirm. They sell out fast so you need to log in when they first become available.

Edited by bc_redhead

I am also confused. The fine print on most of the awards show they need to be redeemed within 30 days of purchase as well as being only for new bookings. So essentially does this mean that we can only use most of the on board rewards if we book a cruise last minute? If so these rewards are not as good as they look, to me at least.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

I am also confused. The fine print on most of the awards show they need to be redeemed within 30 days of purchase as well as being only for new bookings. So essentially does this mean that we can only use most of the on board rewards if we book a cruise last minute? If so these rewards are not as good as they look, to me at least.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Some are 30 days and some are up to 90 days. The certificate does say "Reward must be redeemed within 30 days of purchase" so I am assuming that means you need to book your cruise within this time frame and you redeem the coupon when you book your cruise.

I'm wondering that too..I have a RCI cruise booked for August 2015. I'm hoping the rewards stick around to use a few of them on that cruise. If not, I'll just have to book another one. LOL. Of course, now the question is the combinability of some of them with C&A Discounts and other "sales"? Ugh.

Looks like you have to use the points within 30 days of applying for the reward, so how can you book something in advance. Like the wine coupon, it has 30 days it has to be used, so if you are cruising in Aug 2015, you could not get that benefit until July, and hope it is available. This makes me feel these rewards except for booking discounts, can be applied to current booked cruises. But I am just guessing. I have 700,000 points. H

They are available for purchasing now but can't be redeemed until Aug 25. I bought both the Beverage package and the $200 OBC this morning. It does seem that they are only for new bookings through RC but I did send them an email to confirm. They sell out fast so you need to log in when they first become available.

So you are booking a cruise within 30 days to apply these to the booking? I called RCCL and they said they know nothing about this. I asked them how do I apply this to a booking, and they said they did not know. Called three different people. Most said to call MY Vegas, which cannot be done. Confusing, H

So you are booking a cruise within 30 days to apply these to the booking? I called RCCL and they said they know nothing about this. I asked them how do I apply this to a booking, and they said they did not know. Called three different people. Most said to call MY Vegas, which cannot be done. Confusing, H

You have to email MyVegas. They do respond.

If you call the MLife helpdesk they can answer MyVegas questions as well.

The 30 day redemption window is to use the rewards, not necessarily consume them, at least on other items - I redeemed for show tickets to a Cirque show in January and booked the tickets within the 30 days for a show in early August.

I am terribly excited about these new rewards - it also seems to indicate that the MLife/RCI relationship will continue.

Hi all,

I snagged the $300 OBC this morning and hope I can help with some questions.

They seem to reload the rewards at 10am Eastern time. Right before 10am this morning, the $300 OBC reward was still sold out, so I kept refreshing the reward screen and at exactly 10am, sure enough, it was available & I got the screen that allowed me to click on the next step for purchasing it.

And right after I got it, I saw that it said "sold out" again...that fast....so it's seems quite a popular reward.

The e mail I received immediately afterward that I printed out stated that the reward must be redeemed by November 19th, which is exactly 90 days from today. This means that you have 90 days to call RC and book a 7 day cruise using the redemption code given.

The $300 OBC is good for ANY sailing in 2015, but must be for 7 day cruise or longer, and you can't book online using the reward code, but must call the contact number listed on the e mail voucher given. The number says it's available 24/7 to call and book.

I'm so glad I managed to get this and feel it was well worth the 300k LP's spent for it. As a regular Carnival cruiser having never sailed RC before, this is an excellent incentive for us to try RC.

Good luck to all who play MyVegas, and keep in mind that the rewards reload daily at 10am (unsure about weekends though)....so if something is sold out, have the reward screen open right before 10am eastern time and keep refreshing!

So I'm confused...I just booked a cruise today and now I'm reading this thread. Can I still redeem my points AFTER I booked...or is this only for FUTURE bookings?? We don't sail until Oct 2015, so that's lots of time to acumulate rewards...right???

Help!

Hi all,

I snagged the $300 OBC this morning and hope I can help with some questions.

They seem to reload the rewards at 10am Eastern time. Right before 10am this morning, the $300 OBC reward was still sold out, so I kept refreshing the reward screen and at exactly 10am, sure enough, it was available & I got the screen that allowed me to click on the next step for purchasing it.

And right after I got it, I saw that it said "sold out" again...that fast....so it's seems quite a popular reward.

The e mail I received immediately afterward that I printed out stated that the reward must be redeemed by November 19th, which is exactly 90 days from today. This means that you have 90 days to call RC and book a 7 day cruise using the redemption code given.

The $300 OBC is good for ANY sailing in 2015, but must be for 7 day cruise or longer, and you can't book online using the reward code, but must call the contact number listed on the e mail voucher given. The number says it's available 24/7 to call and book.

I'm so glad I managed to get this and feel it was well worth the 300k LP's spent for it. As a regular Carnival cruiser having never sailed RC before, this is an excellent incentive for us to try RC.

Good luck to all who play MyVegas, and keep in mind that the rewards reload daily at 10am (unsure about weekends though)....so if something is sold out, have the reward screen open right before 10am eastern time and keep refreshing!

So you have to book a new cruise to use the OBC voucher or can it be applied to existing sailings but must be redeemed/applied to a cruise within 90 days? Also, what if you have TA that books the cruises?

So you have to book a new cruise to use the OBC voucher or can it be applied to existing sailings but must be redeemed/applied to a cruise within 90 days? Also, what if you have TA that books the cruises?

I've copied & pasted what it says on my e mail confirmation and bolded the important stuff. Hope it helps!!

Redemption Instructions

Redeem Your Reward

Eligible for redemption beginning 8/25/14. Step 1: Visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com and shop for your cruise. Note: You cannot redeem this reward online. Step 2: Once you've selected your cruise, call 855-284-7463 and mention your myVEGAS Confirmation, full name, RCL promo code "myVEGAS300OC", desired ship and sail date to the agent. Step 3: Get ready for the cruise experience of a lifetime!

Reward Terms and Conditions

Reward is applicable to new individual bookings on sailings 7-nights or longer only and is subject to verification. Onboard Credit ("OBC") amount will be applied automatically at time of booking to all eligible reservations. OBC is in USD, has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. OBC is combinable with standard/full fare rates and restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, Police/Fire). OBC is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, weekly Sales Events, Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits. When reserving through a travel agency, the reward must be presented to the travel agent at time of reservation. Misrepresentation of reward will void this offer and refare booking to prevailing rate. Refer to royalcaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions at any time without prior notice.

So I'm confused...I just booked a cruise today and now I'm reading this thread. Can I still redeem my points AFTER I booked...or is this only for FUTURE bookings?? We don't sail until Oct 2015, so that's lots of time to acumulate rewards...right???

Help!

Sredish, it's only for new bookings only. I'm unsure if say you just booked this morning and later the same day discovered this promotion and call back to redeem it. They could apply it retroactively if it's the same day, but probably not longer than that.

You could just cancel and rebook when you have the reward in hand, but then there's the cancellation fee.

As far as accumulation goes, I began playing My Vegas in March of '13 and got myself up to 300,000 LP's (Loyalty Points) in about 4 or 5 months....so yes, you can definitely make it up to 300k before next October....It's a lot of fun playing too.

I've copied & pasted what it says on my e mail confirmation and bolded the important stuff. Hope it helps!!

Redemption Instructions

Redeem Your Reward

Eligible for redemption beginning 8/25/14. Step 1: Visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com and shop for your cruise. Note: You cannot redeem this reward online. Step 2: Once you've selected your cruise, call 855-284-7463 and mention your myVEGAS Confirmation, full name, RCL promo code "myVEGAS300OC", desired ship and sail date to the agent. Step 3: Get ready for the cruise experience of a lifetime!

Reward Terms and Conditions

Reward is applicable to new individual bookings on sailings 7-nights or longer only and is subject to verification. Onboard Credit ("OBC") amount will be applied automatically at time of booking to all eligible reservations. OBC is in USD, has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. OBC is combinable with standard/full fare rates and restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, Police/Fire). OBC is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, weekly Sales Events, Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits. When reserving through a travel agency, the reward must be presented to the travel agent at time of reservation. Misrepresentation of reward will void this offer and refare booking to prevailing rate. Refer to royalcaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions at any time without prior notice.

That answers my questions on the combinability: OBC is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, weekly Sales Events, Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits.

Sredish, it's only for new bookings only. I'm unsure if say you just booked this morning and later the same day discovered this promotion and call back to redeem it. They could apply it retroactively if it's the same day, but probably not longer than that.

You could just cancel and rebook when you have the reward in hand, but then there's the cancellation fee.

As far as accumulation goes, I began playing My Vegas in March of '13 and got myself up to 300,000 LP's (Loyalty Points) in about 4 or 5 months....so yes, you can definitely make it up to 300k before next October....It's a lot of fun playing too.

Oh darn! What a bummer. I have about 25k points now. Was hoping to start playing like crazy and add it.

Oh darn! What a bummer. I have about 25k points now. Was hoping to start playing like crazy and add it.

Now that I've spent 300k this morning on the OBC reward, I'm in the same boat now with only 23k points left....so it's time for me to start playing daily again.

I hope this thread continues and people add to it with their experiences so we can all learn how things go for others.

For instance, I'd like to build up my points again and maybe get the slot play, or drinks reward, but not sure if I'd be able to apply it to the one I'd be booking with this OBC reward or if that has to be yet another cruise altogether.

Hopefully in time, others will weigh in here to share.

You can play on you desktop in addition to the mobile version, more coins and more LP.

I'm soo disappointed it's only for new bookings: I have 700k LP and would have loved to get a drink package. I'm too cheap to pay it out of pocket :)