Greenhouse Spa day pass

VTcruisenut

• 5 months later...
From what I can seen when I log in, there does not appear to be a way to pre-purchase either day passes or cruise-long passes to the spa. Is that generally the case?

I have never tried to buy a Greenhouse Spa cruise-long pass online, so I cannot answer your question.

I have found it advantageous to wait until embarking the ship and making a visit to the Spa a priority on Embarkation Day. Discounted pricing usually seems available for a pass for the entire cruise. If it is a b2b, an even better discount is offered at times. If your Mariner Status warrants a free day pass, the pro-rated cost of the day pass is then applied to the cost of the cruise-long pass for a discount, as well.

• 5 months later...

I'm not sure, but if $40 was for a couple I'd grab that up in a heartbeat. That would be an incredible bargain. Even $40 per person isn't a bad price - well, it is, but no worse than any other prices aboard ship.

I think we paid $249 for the two of us on our 11-night K'dam cruise.

You can't buy the pass online, but I think some posters have said they were able to do it by calling ship's services. I've never bothered to investigate that because the spa pass is a way for us to use OBC. We go to the spa and buy our passes right away.

My understanding is that they sell a limited number of week-long (or cruise-long) passes. IF that amount is not reached, they allow day passes to be purchased. The day pass is $40 per person.

We have never purchased the pass online because it is easy to purchase and MAY be less expensive to purchase on the ship.

My understanding is that they sell a limited number of week-long (or cruise-long) passes. IF that amount is not reached, they allow day passes to be purchased. The day pass is $40 per person.

We have never purchased the pass online because it is easy to purchase and MAY be less expensive to purchase on the ship.

Yes, that's how I understand it, too. I don't know if they ever sell out, but we buy our passes right away to make sure we get them.

In November 2017 on the NA it was $150 per person for the weekly pass. They had a couples special on day 1 for $249 which we took. Worth every penny! That was our first time and my DW says "the start of a new custom" on our yearly cruise.

If I remember correctly they said they had a 32 approx. couple pass limit. We weren't able to purchase online, before the cruise, so went on embarkation day to get the special before they might sell-out.

dh

Does anyone know what the current price is on the Greenhouse Spa day pass? or weekly?

Can you utilize the sauna and thermal loungers without the day pass? Or the Greenhouse mineral pool?

There is a free sauna available without purchasing the spa pass. Not sure which ship you’re looking at, but on Vistas and Signatures, it is located in the passageway that leads from the Greenhouse Spa reception out to the Lido Pool area opposite the Hydropool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

It is included in cabin package for both Carnival Spa cabins and Aqua Class on Celebrity. Rather disappointing to hear. We're looking at Niuw Statendam for Decenber 2019 would be first HAL for us. Hmmmm not sure

I have free passs each cruise as Five Star Mariner. The pass means nothing to me and I never use it. I am sure some folks who are five star apprecia te it but to me, it has no use.

Hope you enjoy your Nieuw Statendam cruise. She should be a beautiful ship

So Spa pass is not included in SpaVeranda cabins as on most lines?

Nope. No real spa benefits to the Spa level staterooms on HAL other than their location near the spa. They claim to offer special discounts on spa treatments, but the Mariner discount is better.

When Eurodam debuted, there was a spiral staircase that led from the Hydropool area up to the spa stateroom level (where the showers are normally located by the Hydropool), but there was still no discount. Not really sure why it even existed. Seemed like maybe it was a concept that never came to fruition.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In my several HAL cruises I have never used the spa, but this time, I think I might. Would someone be so kind as to describe the various features? And is the free sauna unisex, or mixed? Customary attire (or not?)

Spa amenities vary by ship. The larger ships (Vista and larger) have a hydropool. The smaller ships do not. The spa on every ship (not sure about Princendam) has a room with heated ceramic loungers. Most people spend some time in the hydropool and then relax on the loungers. There are various shows and steam rooms, again varying from ship to ship. When you check in, you get a pass key and also a locker key, which will get you a robe to wear in the spa. This all comes with the thermal suite pass. There are also many different kinds of treatments available for an additional cost.

I only buy the spa pass if the ship has a hydropool.

Am I seriously reading this correctly? We have booked a spa ocean view cabin on Maasdam for next month, and it does not come with spa passes??? That's the main reason we booked that cabin! We had a spa cabin on Carnival Dream and it came with two spa passes. I had planned to use my OBC for massages, not passes.:mad: