FOUND MAN's WEDDING BAND

suemcgowan

I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly-I'm trying to find owner of a man's wedding band that I found on the Caribbean Princess on Jan 13, 2018. It has a scripture reference and a date inside. Please share appropriately-maybe it was lost on the previous sailing that went to Panama Canal. It seems to me that there should be a specific Lost and Found thread through cruise critic. No one claimed it on the ship and I really want it returned to the rightful owner. thanks-smcgowan54@gmail.com

You should realize that only a tiny percentage of guests on any cruise participate on Cruise Critic. In addition looking retrospectively even fewer persons from an earlier cruise might be searching here. Your best course of action may be to return this ring to Princess with the hope that the cruiser might contact their lost and found service.

You should realize that only a tiny percentage of guests on any cruise participate on Cruise Critic. In addition looking retrospectively even fewer persons from an earlier cruise might be searching here. Your best course of action may be to return this ring to Princess with the hope that the cruiser might contact their lost and found service.

Completely agree!

Reminds me of an event a few years ago where we had a guest doctor speaking to our local society meeting. After he was done and we were relaxing, he suddenly stood up and said he had misplaced his wallet, it had about $300 in it and he offered $20 for it's return. Our society president quickly stood and said, "I'll give $100."

Cheers.

I would contact Princess to see if there is someway it can be returned to the ship.

Keith

Years ago when we were on a carnival cruise, we were disembarking when my friend remembered that he left his brand new, expensive shoes underneath the bed. We had literally just dinged out and he told the employee "I forgot my shoes". They would not let him back on the ship and they would not go and get the shoes for him. We were told that we had to call carnivals lost and found number to have the shoes returned. He never got his shoes back and somebody was probably happy to have a brand new pair of expensive shoes. Sad but true.

I was also wondering if the OP was still on the ship or had actually taken the ring home with them.

Taking it home is clearly NOT called for.

We left a camera in Club FUsion on the Caribbean 3 years ago. We reported it lost to Princess; they emailed a few weeks later to say that they had the camera, and mailed it to us.

Not sure why the OP thought that he/she could do a better job of finding the owner than Princess (with a sysem in place) could.

I'm still hopeful and still waiting to hear in Princess has my sunglasses and binoculars which were left in my cabin on 12/30 and SHOULD have been turned in by Stewart. I was so sick with the flu that morning I barely made it off the ship to drive home. AND I am back on-board in 69 days with the SAME Stewart (presuming his contract did not expire) and I will be addressing it with him directly if Princess has not located my items by then,. They said 4-6 weeks in the email reply to my lost & found claim.

If you ever find a lost item on the ship, please turn it in to Guest Services.

On a formal night, I lost a sentimental bracelet on the Caribbean Princess. After I re-traced my steps several times, looking in any seat cushion where I might have sat, I went to Guest Services and spoke to a gentleman behind the desk. After I described the bracelet to him, I saw him get the lost and found box and he searched it all the way to the bottom. To my amazement, he came up with the bracelet! He said another guest had turned it in! I cried, I was so happy!

Take pictures of the ring and post it on Facebook. Make sure you make your post public so everyone can see and then people will share the post and hopefully you'll find the rings owner.

I'm sure the OP would find many owners using this method. I would keep it myself before I tried this. At this point the best thing to do would be to call Princess and ask if anyone has reported a lost ring. At least this way a prospective owner could describe the ring to the OP without seeing a picture of it first.

• 2 months later...
I'm still hopeful and still waiting to hear in Princess has my sunglasses and binoculars which were left in my cabin on 12/30 and SHOULD have been turned in by Stewart. I was so sick with the flu that morning I barely made it off the ship to drive home. AND I am back on-board in 69 days with the SAME Stewart (presuming his contract did not expire) and I will be addressing it with him directly if Princess has not located my items by then,. They said 4-6 weeks in the email reply to my lost & found claim.

As a follow up to my lost/left in the cabin items...we ended up with an up-sell and did not have the same stewart. However I DID search him out and he remembered me, remembered the items I left AND exactly where I left them. His exact words were that "he thought I had left them there on purpose as I was done with them and he threw them out"!!!!! When are you ever done with binoculars??? Kind of a once in a lifetime purchase! I KNOW he did not "throw the items out". I reported him the next day. I may have been at fault for leaving the items in my cabin, but he certainly did NOT follow company procedure in any way shape or form. When the person followed up with me she reported that she had started as Stewart and the training is that UNLESS it is in the bin, you do not throw anything away. Anyway, they gave me a $29 credit to Sabatini's, (which was already a bogo for my birthday). I just wanted to let everyone know to check, re-check and re-check again, no matter how ill you are, as there are definitely dis-honest cabin stewards.

I thought that anything left in a cabin was supposed to be turned in at Lost and Found.

That said, the best one I'm aware of was on Disney. A stateroom host stole an iphone and the phone was set to send photos to the owner's cloud account. The owner was getting photos on his computer, clearly showing the host and his buddies using the phone. He contacted DCL and was able to recover the phone....and the host was fired.

No reputable steward would "throw out" binoculars nor would he/she ever consider that it might be acceptable behavior. A steward knows better. I truly despise thieves. I recently (12 days ago) had a bit of surgery. I went to the surgery wearing some "pajama" type pants, a shirt, and my slippers. The slippers were a Christmas gift from my wife and were about $100. The surgery center spaced and let someone before me take my bag. I ws totally out of it after the surgery and didn't realize until the next day. (They sent me home in scrubs.) When I called about it the doctor's office was appalled and, the next day at my follow up, had secured the bag. However, there were no slippers. Yep. Someone had kept the slippers. WHY would you steal someone's slippers? Yes, they were very nice but... I never did get them back. The doctor's office provided me with $100 to replace them (on order and will hopefully be available) but still... Thieves really peeve me greatly.

It's always best onboard to turn anything found over to the passenger services desk. I once lost my prescription glasses and looked for a week and they never showed up. I was told that "all" lost items end up there but then I found a collection of last glasses and sunglasses at one of the pool bars so that isn't always the case. I did find a pair of glasses that looked similar to mine and were in an identical case at the lost and found so I think someone else accidentally took my glasses. I'm guessing they found out they had the wrong glasses eventually but it was too late for me - and for them as well.

If anybody ever finds a men's ring with the finger still inside it is likely mine. When I got married 46 years ago my ring fit much looser than it does these days. I have to deliberately work at it to get the thing off.

Helpful Hint: I learned from a jewelry store that the thing they use to get tight rings off of fingers is not soap, nor is it oil. They simply sprayed some window cleaner - they used Windex - onto my finger and the ring twisted right off. I've used that trick ever since and amazed someone who needed to remove a ring and wasn't having any luck. A quick spray and the thing came off. ;)

This guy Stewart should be fired !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Helpful Hint: I learned from a jewelry store that the thing they use to get tight rings off of fingers is not soap, nor is it oil. They simply sprayed some window cleaner - they used Windex - onto my finger and the ring twisted right off. I've used that trick ever since and amazed someone who needed to remove a ring and wasn't having any luck. A quick spray and the thing came off. ;)

Thrak - that sounds like a story from My Big Fat Greek Wedding! :D