Port of Los Angeles / Port of San Pedro CONFUSED

suec12

ARE THESE THE SAME???? I a made a reservation for Super Shuttle to pick us up at the end of the cruise and there did not seem to be a Port of San Pedro choice - so I picked Port of Los Angeles - am not really finding addresses! or a phone number for Super Shuttle - HELP!

I believe that Supershuttle lists "World Cruise Center" as a destination/pick up point, which is the other name for the cruise port in San Pedro (which is an area of Los Angeles, not a separate city as Long Beach is).

It's one giant harbor...which spans two cities--the Los Angeles neighborhoods of San Pedro and Wilmington (both once separately incorporated cities long ago annexed by the City of Los Angeles) and the City of Long Beach.

Long Beach is at the Eastern side of the harbor, San Pedro on the Western side...

The cruise terminal facility you want is the World Cruise Center--which is located in San Pedro and which services most cruise lines. The other facility is in Long Beach and services Carnival--virtually exclusively (there are a few rare exceptions for port days--not embarkation or disembarkation--for other Carnival owned lines--though most of those lines use the San Pedro facility).

When anyone talks about the Carnival facility, they will always reference it as either the Port of Long Beach or the Carnival Terminal. If they are talking about the World Cruise Center, it may be referred to as either the "World Cruise Center", the Port of Los Angeles or often just as the San Pedro pier...

Important to know which one you are at so you show up at the right place--the two are just over 6 miles apart (or longer depending on route) on opposite sides of the harbor.

And, yes, when a shuttle company uses "Port of Los Angeles" in its pull-down menu, that IS the pier in San Pedro.

Actually, there are three sets of docks inside the breakwater at the combined

Los Angeles / Long Beach Harbor.

• Carnival has it's own dock in Long Beach over by the Queen Mary -- it's solidly

booked for Carnival-brand ships, but occasionally is used by other CCL brands.

• LA's World Cruise Terminal (Berths #91 thru #93) is where to expect to board

non-Carnival brand ships.

• But there is a joker in the deck which bites about once a year -- LA Berth #46:

When LA has three ships in port and cannot shoehorn one of them into Berth #91,

they use Berth #46 in the Outer Harbor about 2 miles south of the WCT, and

next to the SS Lane Victory museum ship. Most folks don't know about #46

(including cab / Lyft / Uber / limo drivers). :o

ARE THESE THE SAME???? I a made a reservation for Super Shuttle to pick us up at the end of the cruise and there did not seem to be a Port of San Pedro choice - so I picked Port of Los Angeles - am not really finding addresses! or a phone number for Super Shuttle - HELP!

I thought it would be easier to just go to Super Shuttle myself.

I use Execucar its sister site from time to time for private vehicles.

You should select the following one:

World Cruise Center, Swinford Street, San Pedro, CA, USA

That is the port you will be at.

Keith

I thought it would be easier to just go to Super Shuttle myself.

I use Execucar its sister site from time to time for private vehicles.

You should select the following one:

World Cruise Center, Swinford Street, San Pedro, CA, USA

That is the port you will be at.

Keith

...unless, for example, you're boarding MS Amsterdam in Dec 2018. She will

be at Berth #46, 3011 Miner St, in the Outer Harbor because the Norwegian

Star and the Crystal Serenity will be in Berths #92 and #93 at the WCT and

the Amsterdam can't fit into Berth #91.

Such happens about once a year.

Am flying into LAX and am planning to use Super Shuttle to bring me to San Pedro pier

to board a Princess ship. Will I be able to do this using their shared vans at the airport?

Do they bring you to the ship or just to the gate? I've only used them to get to a pre cruise

hotel in the past.

Am flying into LAX and am planning to use Super Shuttle to bring me to San Pedro pier to board a Princess ship. Will I be able to do this using their shared vans at the airport?

Do they bring you to the ship or just to the gate? I've only used them to get to a pre cruise hotel in the past.

You should have no trouble getting one of their vans at LAX...right by the curb outside of baggage claim. It may help a little to make a reservation, but they’ll put you on a van even without one, though it could increase the wait.

At the pier, the loop through the World Cruise Center goes right in front of the terminal entrance doors and they will unload you right there.

The Port of Los Angeles is located in San Pedro - They are the same place.

Mike

And there's just one entrance to the World Cruise Center (Port of LA) via Harbor Blvd. Your shuttle will take the Harbor Blvd exit (no matter whether from the south or north 110's), cross Harbor, and enter the WCC, and then continue up to where the ship terminals are (and you'll see your ship). Not sure about this 46, but it would probably be very rare that it's used. I've been on six cruises out of San Pedro and they've all been at 91, 92, or 93.

And there's just one entrance to the World Cruise Center (Port of LA) via Harbor Blvd. Your shuttle will take the Harbor Blvd exit (no matter whether from the south or north 110's)' date=' cross Harbor, and enter the WCC, and then continue up to where the ship terminals are (and you'll see your ship). Not sure about this 46, but it would probably be very rare that it's used. I've been on six cruises out of San Pedro and they've all been at 91, 92, or 93.[/quote']

Yes, Berth #46 is seldom (maybe once a year?) used. THAT's why chaos will

reign this December when MS Amsterdam uses it. :eek:

Also, be calm when your shuttle enters the cruise terminal complex right near

your ship ...and keeps going. The road is a long, long loop and you'll come

back on the other side of the loop to stop right alongside her.