Marella cruise and stay

We have booked a Caribbean cruise with a stay in Barbados.There are 9 hotels available to choose from but only 2 are in St James on the west coast which is where we want to be.Both are A.I. which we also want.We booked The Club Barbados Resort and Spa but since we booked I have been swaying back and forth between this hotel and the other which is Mango Bay.I now realise I don't really want either but I would like another hotel that Thomson/Tui has on this coast.

Has anyone been able to do this?I don't want to phone Thomson,I would rather do it online.I have tried their chat line but can't get through.Has anyone any ideas?

This holiday is costing us a lot of money so I would rather get it right.We don't gotill next February.

Thank you for all your help.

Edited by sistermags
spelling

In my experience the only way you can make such a change is to call the booking line.

They will make the change, probably at a a cost of £50pp.

If your preferred hotel is not on the cruise and stay list there may be a problem however because they have each hotel on the list in a package, and flexibility is not their forte.

We have booked a Caribbean cruise with a stay in Barbados.There are 9 hotels available to choose from but only 2 are in St James on the west coast which is where we want to be.Both are A.I. which we also want.We booked The Club Barbados Resort and Spa but since we booked I have been swaying back and forth between this hotel and the other which is Mango Bay.I now realise I don't really want either but I would like another hotel that Thomson/Tui has on this coast.

Has anyone been able to do this?I don't want to phone Thomson,I would rather do it online.I have tried their chat line but can't get through.Has anyone any ideas?

This holiday is costing us a lot of money so I would rather get it right.We don't gotill next February.

Thank you for all your help.

Hi sistermags

we always do a stay and cruise in Barbados, this year we had a week at the coconut court half board, food excellent, then the cruise after

last year we stayed Sea Breezes hotel also wonderful, super food and a super beach.

year before Mango Bay a superb small hotel very intimate excellent food, If you do self catering you will find restaurants very expensive drinks also, if iam going to be honest all three are excellent.

Thanks so,ton saint.

We want all inclusive on the west coast, but, the only 2 are Club Barbados Resort and Spa and Mango Bay.In fact these are the only 2 in St James at all.I know Tui/Thomson have other hotels in the area and the one I was looking is Crystal Cove.I keep going back to Mango Bay mainly because of the beach and because it's in Holetown,so not too far to walk to shops etc.

So my quandry is.....stay with Club Barbados or try for either Mango Bay or Crystal Cove.

We have only stayed in Barbados once before on the south coast at Oceans2. Even that is not in the mix this time.

I'm sure I'll come to a decision soon.

Thanks so,ton saint.

We want all inclusive on the west coast, but, the only 2 are Club Barbados Resort and Spa and Mango Bay.In fact these are the only 2 in St James at all.I know Tui/Thomson have other hotels in the area and the one I was looking is Crystal Cove.I keep going back to Mango Bay mainly because of the beach and because it's in Holetown,so not too far to walk to shops etc.

So my quandry is.....stay with Club Barbados or try for either Mango Bay or Crystal Cove.

We have only stayed in Barbados once before on the south coast at Oceans2. Even that is not in the mix this time.

I'm sure I'll come to a decision soon.

Hi sistermags

please get a second opinion on Club Barbados i do believe it has a very small or no beach at all when the tide is in ,yes Barbados has a high and low water mark, Hole Town yes plenty of shops and we have rode the reggi bus to Bridge town many times for $2 Bajan all the locals use them and as i said top marks and good reviews for the Mango Bay think again. next year we are doing pride of panama and a stay in Jamaica.

Hi so,ton saint

I think I'll take your advice and go for Mango Bay.We used the bus a few times when we stayed in the Gap.Got a bit lost on the way back from Bridgetown but a kind elderly lady walked us to the bus station and waited around till we got our bus.We couldn't believe she was so kind.

Hi so,ton saint

I think I'll take your advice and go for Mango Bay.We used the bus a few times when we stayed in the Gap.Got a bit lost on the way back from Bridgetown but a kind elderly lady walked us to the bus station and waited around till we got our bus.We couldn't believe she was so kind.

I have stayed at the Mango Bay hotel and it is paradise. I got offered a job to stay there and work, but couldn't for family reasons, long story and if you buy me a rum I will tell it someday.

The Mango Bay hotel offers a free bus into Bridgetown once a week, as well as A free Catamaran trip, a glass bottom ship trip with turtle swimming. And don't forget to try the flying fish at the restaurant, yum yum.

Hi SausPud

You're a star.Thanks for answering both queries.The smoking incedent happened 3 years ago and I was unsure if smoking was allowed at that time.

Make that rum a double.....I'm curious!!!

I only hope I can change my booking now.I'll let you know.

Mags

Hi All

I've changed our booking to Mango Bay.Our problem(?) now is.........we had to book a garden view room and some of the photos online don't really show a garden view,rather a street or car park view,even just a tree.I like to sit on the balcony and don't fancy being spotted from the street.We could get an ocean/sea view room but it will cost just over £1,000 extra,yes that is ONE THOUSAND POUNDS.as my husband says "that is our spending money".I would love a sea view room but at £1,000 I'll just sit on the beach and look at the sea.

So I think I shall email the hotel and ask if I can request a nice room.

Anyone got any thoughts on room numbers etc.?

Thanks again for your input.

Margaret