Passport Help

kacurl

Looking for advice!!! We are cruising in May to Bermuda and just realized our passports expire in August. To renew our passports we must send in our old passports. Dh is worried if something happens and we don' t get back in time we will have nothing. We have contacted Hal as well as US customs and they say we will be fine but I am a worry wart.:(. Any thoughts or recent experiences??? Cathy

Looking for advice!!! We are cruising in May to Bermuda and just realized our passports expire in August. To renew our passports we must send in our old passports. Dh is worried if something happens and we don' t get back in time we will have nothing. We have contacted Hal as well as US customs and they say we will be fine but I am a worry wart.:(. Any thoughts or recent experiences??? Cathy

When I renewed a year ago my passport came back in less than three weeks. You don’t need to renew though before your May if your passport expires in August. The six month rule does not apply. If you are worried you can wait until you get back. Also to Bermuda if it is a closed loop cruise, round trip from a US port, you can use a birth certificate and drivers license if your passport does not come back in time.

This past February I renewed passports for my son, wife and got a passport card for my daughter. All of them were sent to us within two weeks of mailing them from the post office. The documentation needed to renew was also mailed back a day or two after receiving the passports. I was surprised how quickly we received everything back and we are sailing in July.

Send them in with expedited processing if you are that worried. Also worst case scenario you can travel with your BC and state ID (if you are Born US citizens)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums