Santa Barbara - Wine Tasting

csmith2205

We've booked a Princess excursion in Santa Barbara to visit some wineries and as we're from the UK, I was wondering if these wineries would ship wine to the UK rather than us take as carry-on. I don't know which wineries the Princess excursion visits - it's the 4 hour tour visiting 2 wineries.

Thanks.

I see nobody answered your question. Let me check with the wine club I belong to that's in that area and see if there is any restrictions on shipping to the UK. It won't necessarily mean the one's you visit will or won't. But they can tell me if it's possible.

I think, worst case, you can ship it yourself (they have UPS and FedEx shops that will package and ship for you). Google says it is legal and UPS actually promotes it.

Hopefully they take you to the actual Vineyards near Santa Ynez and not just tasting rooms in the city.

I think, worst case, you can ship it yourself (they have UPS and FedEx shops that will package and ship for you). Google says it is legal and UPS actually promotes it.

I don't think that's correct. The UPS site says you have to be a licensed shipper and have a signed agreement with UPS. The way I read it unless the winery is willing to do it you would have to do it on the sly and not tell the shipper what's in the box.

I am guessing Princess isn't going to take you anyplace that won't be willing to ship overseas. Wineries make no money on tasting, it's selling bottles/cases where they do.

My wine club doesn't ship outside of the US and they aren't sure of the legal restrictions in shipping to the UK.

I don't think that's correct. The UPS site says you have to be a licensed shipper and have a signed agreement with UPS. The way I read it unless the winery is willing to do it you would have to do it on the sly and not tell the shipper what's in the box.

I am guessing Princess isn't going to take you anyplace that won't be willing to ship overseas. Wineries make no money on tasting, it's selling bottles/cases where they do.

My wine club doesn't ship outside of the US and they aren't sure of the legal restrictions in shipping to the UK.

I had just read this when I googled...it does mention wineries but it doesn't say only wineries can ship but you might be right.

The OP can always call the closest UPS Store to the port and ask +1 (805) 962-0998