Wings Over Kauai

pepcab

Has anyone taken the tour with this company in the Cessna? I really wanted to do a helicopter tour but can't get over the astronomical prices. This tour seems like a more viable option and has great ratings on TripAdvisor. Thanks for any input.

Book it, you won't regret it! We actually did the helicopter Volcanoes National Park/winery excursion for the Big Island and also Wings Over Kauai...we liked Wings much more...spectacular, and we're so glad we ordered the video afterwards, it's worth the cost and we've enjoyed watching it several times since our trip in Aug. It was just our group of 4 and the pilot, who was terrific.

Thanks orffwego! We are pretty sure this is what we are doing. Just have to decide between the 6 passenger one and go with strangers or for $30 more a private Cessna?? Either way I am confident this will be one of the highlights of our trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned and did Wings over Kauai in the Cessna. It was very nice and organized. We booked the 10:30, so we got off the ship early, picked up our rental, went to a close by waterfall and parked right at the wings parking lot. It was a bit overcast, but we were able to see a lot of things. We drove to Waimea Canyon afterwards and we ended up seeing a lot more on the plane than we could see from the road. The view from the plane is somewhat small. Think of it like looking out of a sports car. Not big viewpoints. I was in front and I could really only see out of the side window. Nice company and easy to work with as well.

We sailed along the Napali coast line the next day. We both agreed that we saw much more by air than by sea due to it being so overcast.

We did this tour last week on the bigger 6 passenger plane, there were 4 in our group. The views were great, large windows on both sides of the plane. The best views are from the right side of the plane. The company was very professional and easy to work with. This tour was one of our highlights while in Hawaii.