“Special pre-sail offer”from Tui

We are booked on the 26 May 2018 sail on Explorer from Palma. We have booked a balcony cabin, not paid the extra to book a particular cabin nor have we pre-booked seats on the plane. Yesterday received a phone call offering a very special price for pre-booking both £77. Quite hard sell. Said we would be wasting a lot of holiday time queuing in Palma for a balcony allocation. Pointed out that it didn’t seem a very special price as pre- booking a cabin only appeared to be £45 and didn’t think £16 to book the seats on the plane was a bargain as it is only a 2 hour flight we’re not that bothered. promised a call back at 5.30 to discuss deck plans no call came.

Is it worth calling back to pre-book the cabin as we don’t want to have to queue (never experienced this before always had pre-notification of cabin)? Appreciate Explorer is on 1st sailings then so no one can recommend a particular cabin

Any advice much appreciated

Everyone has to queue at check in on the ship, firstly to receive your boarding cards then to have your id photo taken and register your payment details you can jump the queue if you are in a suite. Sums do not appear to be correct for the extras.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Hi

we had the same call, no disrespect from the caller but did he sound asian,he said i see you have booked plane seats on your next fly cruise but you have not booked your cabin number my wife answered the phone because i was out at the time, ihave a nice cabin next to the lifts for you cabin 8042 so my wife went ahead and booked it, i did check position and it was under the over hang from the sun deck next day rang the girls at the local TUI store and moved down two cabins 8046, cut a long story short iwas going to leave it and hope for the best, you will get a cabin allocated either at the ship or airport, happy cruising on Explorer enjoy.

Thank you for your reply. The conversation was difficult to follow she definitely said £77 for both or £45 to book just the cabin. We have of course had to queue to check in have photo Etc unless we have been in a suite but she was making out we would have to join a “very long queue” for cabin assignment which didn’t sound good

Thank you for your reply. The conversation was difficult to follow she definitely said £77 for both or £45 to book just the cabin. We have of course had to queue to check in have photo Etc unless we have been in a suite but she was making out we would have to join a “very long queue” for cabin assignment which didn’t sound good

Hi

i think this is there new sell ploy making as much money as possible out of aircraft seats and selling cabins at a higher level from what you booked, i don,t believe its your local shops doing the pushing but call centres from a far,

What time is your flight out?

When on the plane, these are the people who are going to be going to the ship (most not all of them) and that is how many is going to be in a queue with you. Not that many really. Then you will be split into cabin grades and decks, so that cuts it down a bit.

I bet when you get there, it's really well organised and hardly a queue at all and you will be "wow, that was easy".

When this happens, come back here and thank me.

When you book a package holiday through TUI the hotel reception staff don't have you hanging around their desk while they scratch around trying to find you a room - these are all allocated in advance. Same on the ship, no matter how long or short the queue, you'll have a cabin ready when it's your turn to check in.

Thank you everyone for your help. Haven’t experienced not being allocated a cabin until arrival. Sauspud I appreciate your help already. Bit worried now we might get the unwanted cabins if we leave it till the day so may give them a call. The lady I spoke with was Eastern European with a very heavy accent

Thank you everyone for your help. Haven’t experienced not being allocated a cabin until arrival. Sauspud I appreciate your help already. Bit worried now we might get the unwanted cabins if we leave it till the day so may give them a call. The lady I spoke with was Eastern European with a very heavy accent
Check the deck layout if you do decide to reserve a cabin and if you are a couple make sure you do not book a cabin for four as they can move you if a four requires that cabin not good but it does happen [emoji6]

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Paying to pre-book a cabin is money well spent in our opinion. The only time we risked not pre-booking we were put right below one of the bars and the noise from above was terrible. It bugs us to pay but, in the long run, 45 Pounds isn't a fortune compared with the full cost of the cruise and is worth the expense for peace of mind.

We had the phone call too for our cruise on D2. Sounded like it was the South African call centre. He quoted me £80 to book cabin and plane seats. Told me he had a nice cabin on deck 3 midships, near the lifts and "with a porthole which you will be able to see out of". I politely declined and told him there were no portholes on deck only windows. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums