New final payment due date

Love2cruise77

Starting with the 2019-2020 Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Program, going on sale April 17, 2018, and for all subsequent program releases, a new final payment policy goes into effect aimed at encouraging guests to finalize their cruise bookings earlier and help reduce the likelihood of cruise cancellations. Cruises through the end of Summer 2019 are unaffected and will continue to use the existing policy.

The chart below reflects the current and new final payment policy due dates:

5 days or less cruises: from 60 days prior to sailing changed to 75 days

6-24 days cruises: from 75 days prior to sailing changed to 90 days

25-29 days cruises: from 75 days prior to sailing changed to 120 days

30+ days cruises: no change at 120 days prior to sailing

Starting with the 2019-2020 Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Program, going on sale April 17, 2018, and for all subsequent program releases, a new final payment policy goes into effect aimed at encouraging guests to finalize their cruise bookings earlier and help reduce the likelihood of cruise cancellations. Cruises through the end of Summer 2019 are unaffected and will continue to use the existing policy.

So if I am not encouraged to pay early, my cruise will be cancelled?

Edited to say - just emailed my TA and she confirmed this. I love how they use the word "encourage".

The chart below reflects the current and new final payment policy due dates:

5 days or less cruises: from 60 days prior to sailing changed to 75 days

6-24 days cruises: from 75 days prior to sailing changed to 90 days

25-29 days cruises: from 75 days prior to sailing changed to 120 days

30+ days cruises: no change at 120 days prior to sailing

Are the cancellation periods & percentages the same as currently?

Edited by Astro Flyer

The email my agent sent me did not have a breakdown on cancellation percentages.

I have a booking confirmation for a late 2019 cruise & expect Princess to honor the terms of my booking by using the current final payment due date & cancellation schedule.

I don’t need to be encouraged to pay sooner by changing my final payment date from 75 to 120 days.

Got to love the PR spin on this one. Why does Princess keep changing things and then making it seem like they are doing something in our favor?!

That change from 75 to 120 days is quite a change.

Thanks for the info. I’m not to happy though. I like to keep my money under my mattress as long as I can. I sleep so much better with it. LOL

Tony

LOL, agree with you in general... although, keeping in mind need to pay 3 months in advance, i.e., 90 days is easier than 75 days...

This is a sign of the times. MANY cruise lines have extended their due dates lately AND added in non-refundable deposits. Some have deposits due at 120 days prior on 15 day cruises! It's getting ridiculous. IMO, one of the main reasons they're doing this is so they can offer cheaper fares for longer periods right before the cruise to fill up ships that aren't selling as well. It makes me hesitant to book anything very far from the sail date.

RCL now has non refundable deposits on all their cruises. Princess is still having refundable deposits so I think I like the way Princess is trying to discourage cancellations.

What is does do is eliminate price reductions for a longer period of time. Price reductions generally do not apply after final payment date. So if the final payment date is 15 days sooner, that is 15 more days booked passengers cannot take advantage of lower pricing if it occurs.

What is does do is eliminate price reductions for a longer period of time. Price reductions generally do not apply after final payment date. So if the final payment date is 15 days sooner, that is 15 more days booked passengers cannot take advantage of lower pricing if it occurs.

I paid 3 days early and had a price reduction on the "real final payment day". I guess I see myself booking more after final payment now.

I do expect more "non-refundable deposits" also in the future. If only cruising was now what it was 20 years ago when I fell in love with cruising.

Sorry Princess - I love you less now.

I received a price reduction after making final payment on last cruise. No problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I received a price reduction after making final payment on last cruise. No problem.

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Anyone think they might eventually do away with the multiple re-pricing of cruises each time there is a price reduction or a new deal comes along? :confused:

Definitely a possibility. Our friends across the pond have issues.