Chiefs luau

kenorus

I e-mailed the Chief's Luau to ask about return time to the ship. They responded to say that cruise ship passengers usually return around 10 and that they are the first drop offs. They do realize that cruisers must return by a given time.

However, I would also like to hear from others who have attended this luau.

Are you just taking a taxi? Or do they have shuttles available? I just emailed them. I dont want the cultural centre luau as we want to do a private tour of pearl harbour during the day.

There’s another recent luau discussion that beginning with post #16 discusses the Trip Advisor well rated (4.5*) Chief’s Luau which is now located in Kapolei & not at Sea Life Park

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2609835

Here’s a link to their website including their $18 roundtrip transportation including from both cruise ship’s terminals (2 & 11) with sufficient time to return for an 11:00 PM sailing.

http://www.chiefsluau.com/packages.htm

SCHEDULE

• 5:00 pm Check-in table opens at luau
  • 5:30 pm Luau begins with interactive Hawaiian activities including, hula lessons, headband weaving, spear throwing, tattooing, fire making
  • 'Imu Ceremony
  • Hawaiian Luau Feast
  • Chief’s Journey Through the Polynesian Islands Show
  • 8:30 pm'ish Luau ends, mahalo for coming!

TAKING OUR MOTORCOACH?

• 3:35 pm - Kahala, front entrance
  • 3:35 pm - Ala Moana, Mahukona St
  • 3:45 pm - Ilikai, by flagpoles
  • 3:45 pm - Ambassador, Namahana St
  • 3:50 pm - Ross Dress for Less, 333 Seaside Ave
  • 4:00 pm - Hyatt, Koa Ave, green awning
  • 4:05 pm - Trump Tower, Saratoga by valet
  • 4:05 pm - Marriott, Tour Lobby on Paoakalani
  • 4:15 pm - Cruise Ships, Piers 2 & 11

Chiefs Luau new location isn't the best by day and took us about an hour by bus from Honolulu. It gets dark soon after they start and then you don't notice that you are in a water park. Nice Luau ! Great show, so-so food. We booked the royal package and thought it was worth it to sit up front. Didn't use all of our drink tickets and our host asked us to donate them to the "bus" for future use as they play games on the bus ride over and use them for prizes.

Loved the Chief's luau! Loved it. You may be able to find my review on Tripadvisor from a couple of years ago. We had them pick us up from a hotel in Waikiki, but I think they do a ship pick up. Or there may be a pickup point near the pier. We also got the royal seats, but it was intimate enough that you didn't really need them. We felt like personal guests of the Chief at a family party, rather than one of hundreds and hundreds of faceless people. Food was good, drinks were potent, pre-luau activities were fun. I would highly recommend it. We were back in Waikiki between 9 and 9:30, so you would definitely make it back to the ship in enough time.

Loved the Chief's luau! Loved it. You may be able to find my review on Tripadvisor from a couple of years ago. We had them pick us up from a hotel in Waikiki, but I think they do a ship pick up. Or there may be a pickup point near the pier. We also got the royal seats, but it was intimate enough that you didn't really need them. We felt like personal guests of the Chief at a family party, rather than one of hundreds and hundreds of faceless people. Food was good, drinks were potent, pre-luau activities were fun. I would highly recommend it. We were back in Waikiki between 9 and 9:30, so you would definitely make it back to the ship in enough time.

Thanks so much for your feed back on the Chief's Luau and the fact that you were back by 9:30. I think that we are also going to book this.

Jan

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your feed back on the Chief's Luau and the fact that you were back by 9:30. I think that we are also going to book this.

Jan

If AmberCascade did the Chief's Luau "a couple of years ago", be aware that it has moved from Sea Life Park in Waimanalo to Wet 'n Wild in Kapolei, opposite directions from each other.

Has any one ever gone to this luau?

Though you may well have considered it already, we have to note that all luaus are not alike. Hawaiian versus Polynesian. Traditional versus comedy. Natural setting versus man-made scenery, etc. Not everyone likes the same things, so we hope visitors will take the time to research the type of luau they would prefer and not take just go to any venue.

If AmberCascade did the Chief's Luau "a couple of years ago", be aware that it has moved from Sea Life Park in Waimanalo to Wet 'n Wild in Kapolei, opposite directions from each other.

Yes, we were there in October 2013. I didn't know it moved. They say they still have pickups from Waikiki. I wonder why they wouldn't have pickups in Honolulu?

Yes, we were there in October 2013. I didn't know it moved. They say they still have pickups from Waikiki. I wonder why they wouldn't have pickups in Honolulu?

I guess it depends on what you mean by "Honolulu". Waikiki is Honolulu, in fact the whole island is technically Honolulu since the whole island of Oahu is "the City and County of Honolulu". And they do have a pick up at the Kahala Resort and also at Piers 2 & 11, all of which are outside of Waikiki.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "Honolulu". Waikiki is Honolulu, in fact the whole island is technically Honolulu since the whole island of Oahu is "the City and County of Honolulu". And they do have a pick up at the Kahala Resort and also at Piers 2 & 11, all of which are outside of Waikiki.

I guess I thought Waikiki was a suburb or something outside of Honolulu. I guess I meant the pier or downtown or wherever the ships are. Apologies. I am so so sorry for any confusion I caused with my ignorance of Honoluluan neighbourhoods. :rolleyes:

No worries, the change was very recently; I was there in November 2017, and it was still in the Sea Life Park back then.