Airfare between Seattle and Anchorage-CHEAP!

Glaciers

Whoah!

I think the last time I flew to Anchorage, it cost roughly the same as a cheap ticket to Hawaii. At that price, a ticket from me to Seattle, then Seattle to Anchorage is still way cheaper than a ticket to Hawaii and the distance is a lot further too.

Sun Country Anchorage to Minneapolis was amazingly cheap too (when I was looking in Feb). It was under $200 to fly Anchorage to Minneapolis and then back to CA.

I never heard of this airline but I will look into using them to get to ANC from MCI (Kansas City) for my June 2019 Alaska cruise by buying 2 one way tickets, MCI-MSP on DL for about $115 and MSP-ANC for $217. This is almost half as much as buying a ticket from one airline. I will return from YVR where the cruise ends.

I don’t know if Air Canada and West Jet were having some sort of once in a lifetime promotion, but they were both ~$100 (tax inclusive) SAN (San Diego) to Vancouver. It was cheaper to fly into Vancouver as opposed to Seattle direct with Southwest. I don’t know if that was typical or a quirk of the San Diego market. I think usually Vancouver is more expensive to fly into than Seattle?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I never heard of this airline but I will look into using them to get to ANC from MCI (Kansas City) for my June 2019 Alaska cruise by buying 2 one way tickets, MCI-MSP on DL for about $115 and MSP-ANC for $217. This is almost half as much as buying a ticket from one airline. I will return from YVR where the cruise ends.

I used to live in Minneapolis 5 years ago and Sun Country (local Minnesota carrier) seemed like a decent airline. Back then I would choose them over Spirit or (especially) Allegient in a heart beat.

They don’t fly ANC-MSP every day of the week so depending on your schedule you might be stuck in Anchorage for a day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums