concierge lunch?

39august

Are your orders taken when you are seated, or do you have to wait for the entire table to fill before ordering? Are any small tables available? Is complimentary wine served as RCI does for the back to back cruisers lunch?

Are your orders taken when you are seated, or do you have to wait for the entire table to fill before ordering? Are any small tables available? Is complimentary wine served as RCI does for the back to back cruisers lunch?

Embarkation lunch in the MDR will have those in suites, concierge class and consecutive cruisers (B2B). There are small tables available. No complimentary wine offered. We had the BP so we ordered wine. At least that's how it was on our TAD for our March B2B cruise on the Equinox. We had a table for two so I'm not sure about how those were waited on at the larger tables. But did notice those at the large tables received their orders about the same time.

Limited menu like always but good.

Embarkation lunch in the MDR will have those in suites, concierge class and consecutive cruisers (B2B). T

I think you mean Zenith Captain's Club members rather than suite passengers; suite passengers have Luminae available for lunch on boarding day, but are not part of the Concierge Class lunch.

I think you mean Zenith Captain's Club members rather than suite passengers; suite passengers have Luminae available for lunch on boarding day, but are not part of the Concierge Class lunch.

All I know is the girl in charge of our TAD process on the Equinox said we'd would be having our TAD lunch in the MDR with guest that were in suites and concierge class. :confused: Agree the suite guests eat in Laminae. Possibly she could have misspoken. There wasn't that many Zeniths on our cruise(s) and the section for that lunch was packed which was about 12:15 when we arrived in the MDR.

All I know is the girl in charge of our TAD process on the Equinox said we'd would be having our TAD lunch in the MDR with guest that were in suites and concierge class. :confused: Agree the suite guests eat in Laminae. Possibly she could have misspoken. There wasn't that many Zeniths on our cruise(s) and the section for that lunch was packed which was about 12:15 when we arrived in the MDR.

Not doubting you but agree with Gonzo, that's a first....

Not doubting you but agree with Gonzo, that's a first....

No offense taken. Agree and in this case the staff member possibly misspoke. I'd like to blame it on me misunderstanding her but even my wife also commented that's a first.:confused:

My friend and I did the Concierge Lunch on the Silly last November. We were seated with a delightful group from Canada and had a roaring good time. I believe we were all seated at the same time, so no waiting to order. We all had the Premium Drink Package and enjoyed to recommended wine pairings with our lunches. Looking forward to a similar experience on the Summit in 2 weeks....

You may have the choice of either 'filling' a larger table or requesting a smaller table.

As others state, those seated at a larger table appear to be served at about the same time.

Agree. And from our experience the larger table was filled in minutes, so not a long wait to order and be served. It's a great way to start a cruise.

Isn't dining in Luminae instead of the MDR one of the reasons for sailing in a suite?

Yes and if Celebrity is allowing suite passengers in it would make sense at some point to let Aqua in since that’s a higher category. Just saying, not agreeing with it.

Isn't dining in Luminae instead of the MDR one of the reasons for sailing in a suite?

Yes, but there are some suite guests who do not like Luminae or may want to try something different. Assuming there is space available, I bet they would be more likely to be accommodated than not.

My family of three was seated by ourselves last time on the Silly and was served rather quickly. We had the drink package so wine was included. It is a relaxing way to start the cruise.

We were seated with the couple we travelled with at a nice table for 4 by the window. Our orders were taken and since we all had the beverage package we had a nice glass of wine with lunch. Lovely and relaxing way to start a cruise. No hassle with carry-ons and jockeying for a seat in the OVC.

Consecutive cruisers (B2B) receive a invitation for the lunch?

We did on our B2B Baltic and Norway but we were also concierge class so I don't really know if that makes a difference. We went off the ship and had lunch in Southampton anyway.