looking for picture of blow dryers on Summit

Madame B

Does anyone have a picture of the blow dryers on the Summit? I'm trying to decide if it is worth packing my own.

I don't have a photo, but I can tell you that if you have hair that's longer than 3 inches, bring your own. You have to hold down the button the entire time, or it shuts off, or you can wrangle it down with tape or rubber bands. It's an exercise in misery. :') Even the smallest travel hair dryer would be better than the ones on the ship.

I'm a big Celebrity fan, but their blowdryers are awful. ;)

Going to use a strip of Velcro around the trigger this trip on the Summit 4/21. Wide rubberbands will work in a pinch.

I like this idea! I usually use a rubber band or hair elastic. Honestly, I think the dryer is just fine for my shoulder length hair. One less thing to pack is a blessing.

I have shoulder length, very thick hair and if I use the cabin dryer, I need a full hour to dry my hair. My own portable Babyliss does the job in 15 minutes. Well worth the space in my suitcase.

I have shoulder length, very thick hair and if I use the cabin dryer, I need a full hour to dry my hair. My own portable Babyliss does the job in 15 minutes. Well worth the space in my suitcase.

This is certainly a consideration. My hair isn’t particularly thick or thin, but it is very curlIy. I do let it dry quite a bit on its own (usually on the balcony with a glass of wine) before I dry it. It then takes less than 15 minutes. Bottom line, if you need it, bring it.

Will be on Millie in 3 weeks and can post a picture if you still need one.

Edited by sunpsyche
Addition

I find the ship's hairdryer, even if you ignore the trials of having to rig something to hold down the button to get airflow woefully inadequate in the power department. The airflow is somewhat like the strength of a whistle being blown by someone with badly compromised lungs. I have shoulder length hair and besides taking forever to dry it, I don't get the same type of blowout as with my own. It's a pain to pack it, but worth it.

May hair doesn’t reach my ears (or really my scalp), and I find the ship’s haridtryer just fine.........for drying my socks when they are still just a bit damp.

Den

Ok Mr Den. Second time you've gotten me laughing hysterically. Hairreaching scalp [emoji23] Haridtryer bahaha!!! Now I know to read your posts extra carefully. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have long hair (down past the shoulders), but not very thick at all and I pack my own hair dryer. I HATE how much space it takes up, but I cannot deal with the ship's dryer. I wish it were slightly better b/c I don't blow dry my hair every day while on the cruise and let it go naturally wavy. But on the nights we dress up, I like to have it straight. So, just slightly better quality dryer would go a long way with me.

Thanks for all the posts/opinions! After reading these, I remembered that we have a small dryer stored in our guest bath. I’ll pack that instead of my large one with the large diffuser. Yes, I have thick, frizzy hair!

Thanks for all the posts/opinions! After reading these, I remembered that we have a small dryer stored in our guest bath. I’ll pack that instead of my large one with the large diffuser. Yes, I have thick, frizzy hair!

I dry my hair on the balcony with a glass of wine...it may look a little frizzy but after the wine who cares!

Just a final serious note for anyone with arm/shoulder issues I find the ship’s hairdryers very heavy too....

I dry my hair on the balcony with a glass of wine...it may look a little frizzy but after the wine who cares!

Just a final serious note for anyone with arm/shoulder issues I find the ship’s hairdryers very heavy too....

This is a great solution! I'm definitely trying it on my next cruise:D. It's a continuation of your great attitude that displayed itself on the thread about Philly airport shut down for snow. Thanks for both!

• 2 weeks later...
I don't have a photo, but I can tell you that if you have hair that's longer than 3 inches, bring your own. You have to hold down the button the entire time, or it shuts off, or you can wrangle it down with tape or rubber bands. It's an exercise in misery. :') Even the smallest travel hair dryer would be better than the ones on the ship.

I'm a big Celebrity fan, but their blowdryers are awful. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

May hair doesn’t reach my ears (or really my scalp), and I find the ship’s haridtryer just fine.........for drying my socks when they are still just a bit damp.

Den

Understood. My hair dry is normally called a veranda........