How was Mast Grille?: Recent Equinox Cruises

Driveshaft

My burger seemed to lack taste and it looked nothing like what I grill at home. Must be something about throwing a frozen patty on a grill and letting it soak in the pan of oil after cooked, Sandwich was not bad after loading it with grilled onions, bacon, lettuce, tomato and condiments. Better lunch choices available.

Tried Mast on Silhouette last month. Quality was about the same as Cookout or Five Guys - which I like but wouldn't go out of my way for.

I truly wish the quality and taste of Mast Grill (or Pool Grill) burgers even approached 5-Guys or other decent chains on land. Not even close IMO.

Happily, the short lived experiment of changing Mast Grill to a for fee venue on a few ships failed miserably and it's back to what it was before. Free burgers, hot dogs, fries.

I wonder about the charges in the Gastropub too. Haven't seen any posts raving positive or negative on that per pay venue. It's got no real hook like other lines tying to a popular chain or chef.

I truly wish the quality and taste of Mast Grill (or Pool Grill) burgers even approached 5-Guys or other decent chains on land. Not even close IMO.

I didn't totally dislike them but they were nothing to get excited about. One major downside, though, was the pool chair hogs doing the same at the starboard side of the grill. That forced us to the port side which was also the smoking area. Disgusting.

I didn't totally dislike them but they were nothing to get excited about. One major downside, though, was the pool chair hogs doing the same at the starboard side of the grill. That forced us to the port side which was also the smoking area. Disgusting.

Not sure about the other S-Class ships, but Solstice has added 3-4 times the number of tables and chairs up there. It was a great addition. Additionally, there was no smoking on the other side -- the Mast Bar which was also a plus.

Unless you're allergic to peanuts. Then it's VERY easy to beat them. Especially if you prefer living. :D

My understanding. is that many commercial restaurants like Five Guys and Chick Fil A use REFINED peanut oil for frying which has the peanut proteins removed. On the other hand, you don't want to be snacking on the free peanuts in the shell while waiting for your food to come out.

My understanding. is that many commercial restaurants like Five Guys and Chick Fil A use REFINED peanut oil for frying which has the peanut proteins removed. On the other hand, you don't want to be snacking on the free peanuts in the shell while waiting for your food to come out.

Just a FYI. For those (like my DIL and grandkids) with serious peanut allergies, just breathing air in a place that offers free peanuts to it's customers and has peanut oil vapors in the air could be deadly.