Sun Princess Auckland to Sydney 8 April

We were fortunate enough to secure an accessible interior cabin only 6 months out which was a surprise, on the Sun Princess Auckland to Sydney recently.

Cruising over for 4 days was only $90 more than a premium economy airfare, so it was a no brainer. And first short cruise.

The Captain - JP was fantastic and sailed towards Lord Howe Islands to miss the dreadful storm which hit Auckland on the 10th. We had one quite rough night, but overall it wasn't too unpleasant.

Loved boarding from my home port. No stress. I boarded 1.5hrs before boarding was suppose to open and waited for Pete to join me. Boarding was a breeze and as I mobilize using a power chair I was accompanied by a crew member who was lovely.

As a Platinum member I am entitled to free Internet. I was expecting 150 mins because it was only a 4 day cruise. Nice bonus however was to be given 250 mins because it was a portion of a 12 day cruise.

We were thrilled to see quite a few familiar faces it in the Regency MDR from June last year. We were greet with hugs and treated like VIPS!

So much nicer to cruise over to Sydney than to fly. :D

We were fortunate enough to secure an accessible interior cabin only 6 months out which was a surprise, on the Sun Princess Auckland to Sydney recently.

Cruising over for 4 days was only $90 more than a premium economy airfare, so it was a no brainer. And first short cruise.

The Captain - JP was fantastic and sailed towards Lord Howe Islands to miss the dreadful storm which hit Auckland on the 10th. We had one quite rough night, but overall it wasn't too unpleasant.

Loved boarding from my home port. No stress. I boarded 1.5hrs before boarding was suppose to open and waited for Pete to join me. Boarding was a breeze and as I mobilize using a power chair I was accompanied by a crew member who was lovely.

As a Platinum member I am entitled to free Internet. I was expecting 150 mins because it was only a 4 day cruise. Nice bonus however was to be given 250 mins because it was a portion of a 12 day cruise.

We were thrilled to see quite a few familiar faces it in the Regency MDR from June last year. We were greet with hugs and treated like VIPS!

Agree it sounds much nicer to cruise over to Sydney than to fly. Do you plan to cruise back?

i was on that cruise from Auckland and i saw a few ladies in wheel chairs and if i'd of known i would have had a chat to you both

i was on that cruise from Auckland and i saw a few ladies in wheel chairs and if i'd of known i would have had a chat to you both

What a pity. I use a silver LevoC3 for future reference! ;););)

MMDown Under - flew back on 16th. Plane was FULL. Forget it was school holidays .

• 2 weeks later...

I was on that cruise too and agree the Captain did a great job avoiding the worst of the bad weather. We also met one of our waiters, Ivan, from our first cruise on Dawn Princess in 2010, in the Regency Dining Room. It was a great surprise we hadn’t expected. All in all I though the entire dining staff were fantastic, especially the Club Class staff. The ship is in port in Cairns today, where I live, and I really wish I was on board right now.

Regards

Melissa