Dancing on the Seaside?

Projunior

I have been reading all reviews, as well as this board, trying to discern the dancing opportunities that may await us on on May 5 Seaside cruise. Very few mentions of good/bad/indifferent regarding dancing. We enjoy all types, from ballroom to club dancing. Just trying to get a feel of the dance scene on board.

How is the music in The Haven? What type? Live/recorded? What kind of crowd? What size floor?

Same questions re The Garage.

Pre-launch I heard an MSC exec talking in a video interview about an outdoor venue that was a pool by day, but was turned into a dancefloor at night. Can anyone comment on that?

I also posed this question about a month ago and got no response. We are leaving 4/28 and coming back 5/4 so I "might" be able to give you a report at that time. I am going with low expectations because we love to dance. The Costa Line always had good dancing ALL night with many venues and we loved that. I think they are starting to come back to our area more now, so we might be forced to try them again if this doesn't work out. But the ship looks beautiful and we are excited to be going. I will try and get you a mini review when we get back:D:D

I was on the Seaside 4/14, just my opinion, I thought there was a good selection of dancing. We had different social dance lessons-waltz, chacha, bachata. They had different types of music in the different lounges. My favorite was the area next to Venchi chocolates, the seats are always full, lots of people on the dance floor for social dances. Plus, at 10:30 every night there were different themes dance parties. Because it was raining in the evening I went, they rescheduled the party from the pool deck to the atrium which I thought was a lot of fun since people were dancing on all 3 floors. So, bring your dance shoes!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you luv2 and Joan. After a week and a half of zero replies to my original post (despite 200+ views), I was beginning to get disheartened. We are sailing May 5. This is our thirtieth cruise on many different lines (Royal, HAL, Princess, NCL, Celebrity, Crystal, Costa), but our first on MSC. Concurring with luv2, our three Costa cruises featured the best dancing, by far, of all our cruises. If the dancing on the Seaside is even close to Costa, I will be thrilled.