Has the Crown Princess switched over to the new Sabatini's menu and pricing?

canadarocks

I know the Crown Princess just came out of dry dock. Did they change Sabatini's menu? Hopefully not....

I was on the Caribbean Princess in January. Sabatini’s had the new menu and we all agree it was not as good as the old menu. :(

Tony

Yes I know the CB has made the switch. Curious if the Crown has as well?

We went to the CG the food was good. I just don’t remember much about the menu sorry. I do remember one thing the service was awful!!! and I told the waiter so. No answer from him.

Tony

We went to the CG the food was good. I just don’t remember much about the menu sorry. I do remember one thing the service was awful!!! and I told the waiter so. No answer from him. Tony

Just to clarify..... I'm asking about Sabatini's on the CROWN Princess, not the Crown Grill on the Caribbean Princess.

Do you have a current booking on Crown? I see from your other posts you have been contemplating one. If you have booked you can just look in your Cruise Personalzer under Specialty Dining Reservations and see if the menu link has changed from Sabatini's to Sabatini's Trattoria. (It did exactly that for the ship I am sailing next month when it emerged from drydock same time as Crown did).

If you haven't booked yet--maybe ask on the roll call of the cruise you are contemplating; perhaps someone has noticed the change (or not) in their personalzier. Or that their price changed from $29 to $25.

Do you have a current booking on Crown? I see from your other posts you have been contemplating one. If you have booked you can just look in your Cruise Personalzer under Specialty Dining Reservations and see if the menu link has changed from Sabatini's to Sabatini's Trattoria. (It did exactly that for the ship I am sailing next month when it emerged from drydock same time as Crown did).

It hasn't changed on the Personalizer. But I've cruised enough to know that doesn't necessarily mean that it hasn't changed. ;)

Hoping someone who's actually sailed on the Crown since its dry dock will let me know for sure.

Sabatinis on the Crown Princess had the "old" menu. Just got back from the 14 day Transatlantic.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Forums mobile app

This is the answer the OP was looking for. Just for information we were told on the Royal this past February that only some ships are using the new $25 menu on a trial basis to see how it goes.

For what it is worth, the website shows Sabatini’s Trattoria is only on the Caribbean, Grand, Regal, Coral, and Star. Our Personalizer shows Sabatini’s Trattoria so that change was apparently made during her dry dock earlier this month.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I should correct my above post to state we are sailing on the Golden, NOT the Crown. It is good to have confirmation that the “old” Sabatini’s is still on the Crown.

With Sabatini’s Trattoria already on the Grand, Golden, Star, Caribbean, Coral, and Regal and coming on the Sky, I would also anticipate the change on the Island and the Royal during upcoming dry docks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

I should correct my above post to state we are sailing on the Golden, NOT the Crown. It is good to have confirmation that the “old” Sabatini’s is still on the Crown.

With Sabatini’s Trattoria already on the Grand, Golden, Star, Caribbean, Coral, and Regal and coming on the Sky, I would also anticipate the change on the Island and the Royal during upcoming dry docks.

Per Princess' own press release Sapphire also has switched to the Trattoria menu.

So two things we know: (1) the lists on the Princess website of which ship has which menu are out of date; and (2) for some reason Crown Princess is an exception to Princess' previous statements that the switch would be completely fleetwide. (Maybe they just forgot to put Crown in their plans because here two identical siblings no longer have Sabatini's?)

Gilboman - has the decor been updated to the modern trattoria style or is it still the traditional style?

That may offer a clue about the old menu remaining long term or soon to change.

Thanks and enjoy your cruise.

Decor is still the old style