Intermittent wheelchair use on Carnival

i am going on a cruise with my mother in July. She has asthma, which can be triggered if she overexerts herself. So we are bringing a wheelchair which she will probably only use if we are walking long distances or need to get someplace a little more quickly than she is used to walking. I sent an enquiry to Carnival to ask if we needed to fill out paperwork to let them know she would be using a wheelchair occasionally and if I needed to fill out any additional paperwork. They replied with the Mobility Questionnaire which seems to be for those who are requesting accessible rooms.

So to those in the know, do I need to fill out anything to let Carnival know my mother will be using a wheelchair only occasionally?

Thank you!

i am going on a cruise with my mother in July. She has asthma, which can be triggered if she overexerts herself. So we are bringing a wheelchair which she will probably only use if we are walking long distances or need to get someplace a little more quickly than she is used to walking. I sent an enquiry to Carnival to ask if we needed to fill out paperwork to let them know she would be using a wheelchair occasionally and if I needed to fill out any additional paperwork. They replied with the Mobility Questionnaire which seems to be for those who are requesting accessible rooms.

So to those in the know, do I need to fill out anything to let Carnival know my mother will be using a wheelchair only occasionally?

Thank you!

No the form doesn't have to be completed since your not requesting any special service.

FYI the form you received doen't apply solely to people in accessible cabins. That form is to be used to request any special service regardless of cabin classification.

No the form doesn't have to be completed since your not requesting any special service.

FYI the form you received doen't apply solely to people in accessible cabins. That form is to be used to request any special service regardless of cabin classification.

Thanks for the quick response. I was thrown by the part in which you have to attest that you need an accessible cabin. I appreciate the quick input.

Thank you!

I know that it seems to apply to accessible cabins, but is also used by Carnival to identify those persons who would require additional assistance in the case of an emergency. I would go ahead and complete it reason, if for no other.

• 2 weeks later...

My mother needs the accessible cabins and we rent a scooter but also bring her manual chair for on-shore excursions. Though you didn't request an accessible cabin, I would fill it out anyway and state just what you've said. It's better to have them know and like Schoifmom said, it's also a good idea encase there is an emergency.

My mother needs the accessible cabins and we rent a scooter but also bring her manual chair for on-shore excursions. Though you didn't request an accessible cabin, I would fill it out anyway and state just what you've said. It's better to have them know and like Schoifmom said, it's also a good idea encase there is an emergency.

The information submitted on the special needs forms doesn't always get transferred to the ship. You're better of just going to Guest Services once on board to let them know of you mother's circumstance and that she would need assistance in the event of an emergency.