New website email

1ANGELCAT

Just read an email from Mariner Society inviting to experience the new site. It states it is being done in phases and should be totally operational in early May.

Anyone else receive this ? You think they really want to hear what we think about it [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes I received the email but haven't watched the video. It's disappointing to see the email can't even be accurate..... "You are a four star mariner with total cruise days"..... really?

Mine says the same thing. They can't even make the email correct. Sheesh! Don't know if I'll bother to watch the video. After seeing Mr Ashford's performance on that live stream dog and pony show a few years ago, I have low expectations for this.

So they're bringing out the new website in a phased approach? Well, from what I've seen it's like they're making it up as they go along. What a mess!

I posted this on the "new website" thread..... the video is pretty laughable. It literally shows you how to push buttons on your computer to navigate the new site. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of when we first got PCs at work (at a publisher). Every training session we had, even after a year of using our computers, would start with "this is your monitor, this is the keyboard, this is the cpu, see the diskette drive..."

sigh.

I got the email today. I’ll check out the newest version of the website tomorrow. So far the new website has functioned poorly for me when I try to get pricing and find out which veranda staterooms are available. I have not been able to get past the inside pricing so far. You would think HAL would make it easier to book a stateroom of our choice. And how many total cruise days do I have? They need to fill in that field for me, too!

Now I need a PCC for sure!

You really think they are gonna let you see which staterooms are available on a particular ship on a particular cruise without jumping through a million hoops?

. . . I’m not optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Based on the number of clicks just to get to deck plans, I'm saying no.

It looks like you'll still have to jump through hoops to find a cabin by selecting aft, midship, forward and then deck. I would prefer to see all of what's available on each deck and then pick from there. It's really difficult when you are trying to book a balcony across from an inside, or a veranda suite next to a vista suite. Or even side by side when one room is considered aft while the room that is available right next door is considered midship and so you have to keep switching. I often go to other cruise websites to see the whole deck at once to find what I am looking for and then come back to Holland's to book.

I have not watched the video yet. I tried to find excursions for our next cruise on the new site, no luck. I had the old site book marked but when I went on it, it went to the new site and I couldn't find the excursion site. Not happy with the new site.

Allan

I stumbled upon the new site last week and was shocked at how awful it is. I called my PCC as I was trying to get some pricing, and complained that it was quite user-unfriendly.

I haven't yet figured out how to pick a specific stateroom. Every time I try to price a cruise it gives me a guarantee. Ugh....

I received the email and watched the video. Its too bad that the website does not work (at least for me anyway) as they show it in the video! I tried again this morning and still the same cumbersome way to get the information.

I also got a survey on the new website a day or two ago. I filled it out with VERY negative comments.

Reminds me of when we first got PCs at work (at a publisher). Every training session we had, even after a year of using our computers, would start with "this is your monitor, this is the keyboard, this is the cpu, see the diskette drive..."

sigh.

I work with a few that haven’t quite mastered that yet.

Got the email,unable to watch the pre-view and then when I went to the old website to see my future bookings ...kept asking me to log in every time I asked to see a booking.. finally gave up......perhaps they are in the process of switching.

I got the email, too. I replied to it -"Hate it!" I don't know if it even went back to them. I would have been interested to know how many actual sea days I have, but they couldn't even get that sorted in the email!