Windjammer cafe - made to order breakfast

We just got back from a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas, and I was a little disappointed that they didn't do the made to order breakfasts at the Windjammer. Does anyone know if they've discontinued this on all of their cruise ships, or is it just on the large ships like the Oasis due to the number of passengers?

We just got back from a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas, and I was a little disappointed that they didn't do the made to order breakfasts at the Windjammer. Does anyone know if they've discontinued this on all of their cruise ships, or is it just on the large ships like the Oasis due to the number of passengers?

You can get made to order eggs at wipeout cafe/ mini bites or Johnny Rockets on Oasis class ships. Still available on other ships.

Made to order omelets and eggs are at the Wipe Out Cafe on Oasis.

Made to order omelets and eggs are at the Wipe Out Cafe on Oasis.

There really needs to be this option on Oasis class...Wipe Out Cafe doesn't offer the other things I, and those traveling with me want.

There really needs to be this option on Oasis class...Wipe Out Cafe doesn't offer the other things I, and those traveling with me want.

Johnny Rockets and the MDR also offer made to order eggs.

With the sheer number of passengers on Oasis and sisters, I can't for the life of me see how they could possibly have an omelet/fresh egg station in the WJ. The line is long enough on Radiance-class. ;p

Apparently they have one on Symphony in the WJ as she doesn’t have a wipe out cafe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was one on Symphony. It was at the very back of the WJ. I'm not as familiar with Oasis, but presuming the layouts are similar, it would be where the made to order pasta stations would be at lunch. My wife ordered some eggs over medium and they came out great according to her. 9f79bfb12d30a3ddb636ce1943cc3e93.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Not on any of cruises that I've taken on Oasis or Allure ships. You can got to the MDR, Johnny Rockets or Wipeout Café.

There was one on Symphony. It was at the very back of the WJ. I'm not as familiar with Oasis, but presuming the layouts are similar, it would be where the made to order pasta stations would be at lunch. My wife ordered some eggs over medium and they came out great according to her. 9f79bfb12d30a3ddb636ce1943cc3e93.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

WJ layout on Oasis and Allure is different than that of Harmony and Symphony. There is no back area.

WJ layout on Oasis and Allure is different than that of Harmony and Symphony. There is no back area.

Is the WJ on Harmony & Symphony somewhat like the Q class. I found that the WJ on the Quantum & Anthem was much better than on other RCL ships. They have 2-3 egg/omelet stations for breakfast and at least 2 pasta station for lunch. They also have a large exquisite bread station.

Ps. On our last Anthem cruise they have, on sea days, Tutti salad bar in the MDR. As you enter the Grande there's a dessert table centered by a chocolate fountain. OMG.:D

I had a delicious breakfast there on Oasis one morning. Lots of your favorite turkey bacon! ;p;p;p

When I first cruised on Oasis and Allure, the Solarium had quite a bit of healthy items, such a dried & fresh fruits, various kinds of nuts. Now, it's the same as other breakfast avenues.

From the CC official review of SoS:

Complaints that ranged from the omission of a pool in the Solarium on Harmony of the Seas, to difficult-to-reach cabinetry in staterooms or no way to get omelets in the Windjammer Marketplace, have all been resolved on Symphony.

Often there is an egg station to order what you would like and sometimes a waffle made to order. Otherwise it is a BUFFET so for "made to order breakfast" best to go to main dining room.

When I first cruised on Oasis and Allure, the Solarium had quite a bit of healthy items, such a dried & fresh fruits, various kinds of nuts. Now, it's the same as other breakfast avenues.

I don't know that it is the same as the other areas but I do agree the items that you mentioned are far less plentiful than they were when we first started cruising Oasis and Allure. On this past cruise on Allure a couple of months ago it was quite noticeable.

Thanks for the responses everyone. It's good to know that they still do the cook to order omeletes on most of the other ships. It sounds like only Oasis and Harmony do not. I know it's a minor thing in the scope of things, but it was the first thing I looked for when we went to breakfast that first morning! We just finished our cruise on Sunday, but are still having cruise withdrawals and are already looking to book another. RCCL is the best.