MSC Voyager Discount

stacymills99

I just booked our first cruise on the MSC Seaside yesterday. Before I booked I had my NCL account status matched to MSC Black. My husband did the same with his the next day.

Today I called my travel agent to apply the 5 percent off the price. She then put me on hold and contacted MSC. They were able to apply my number for the discount and informed me once my husband's status match went through I could call back for another discount.

I originally thought we would only have a total of 5 percent off per cabin (because we are both in the same cabin)... but they made it sound like 5 percent off per person. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Tina is correct. if one person gets a discount, it is applied to the total base far (not port charges). Whoever qualifies for the largest discount has it for the total fare as well. For example, I get a military discount of 10% which is applied to the full rate for the two of us. There is also a 10% discount for educators. Note, only one discount (the highest one) is applied. You can't use the educator discount of 10% and then add in the Voyager discount of 5%.

I believe it is 5% off per fare.

Tina is correct. if one person gets a discount, it is applied to the total base far (not port charges). Whoever qualifies for the largest discount has it for the total fare as well. For example, I get a military discount of 10% which is applied to the full rate for the two of us. There is also a 10% discount for educators. Note, only one discount (the highest one) is applied. You can't use the educator discount of 10% and then add in the Voyager discount of 5%.

I actually interpreted it to be per person, which I wasn't clear on. By fare I meant "person", so I was incorrect.

I actually interpreted it to be per person, which I wasn't clear on. By fare I meant "person", so I was incorrect.

Oh, okay! Read it as total fare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that I think about it, obviously it is per total price, because the cruise line, though they charge per person, it's much like rent for an apartment. They need all the money and it doesn't matter who it comes from.

It's 5% for interior and oceanview for educators. As stated, 10% for categories above that. As of last year, they wouldn't combine that and the Voyagers Club discount. Even though the MSC agent I spoke to originally told me they would once my voyager status match went through.