Unable to print boardin pass, sailing tomorrow...help?

BTwurddle

We are sailing tomorrow on Summit out of San Juan. All last week I experienced issues with the celebrity website, being unable to access our reservation to print documents. After logging in the webpage simply refreshed and asked for login information again. Tried this on both of our laptops and had the same experience. Possibly an issue with Celebrity but also could have been our network. In any event an agent informed me that online check in had closed but helped by completing our guest information, taking our passport information ect. Yesterday I spoke with another agent knowing we would need SOMETHING in hand at the port to enter and was told although he couldn't send an express pass, he would email me a copy of our cruise confirmation and a Guest (APIS) Information Form that would serve the same purpose as an express pass for getting into the cruise terminal. Now, obviously I am still a bit concerned as we have to locate a place here in Old San Juan where we can print copies of both of the documents before tomorrow.

I am fully aware this entire situation is partly my fault for not trying to print our documents earlier, I assumed a week before sailing would be sufficient, still...my fault. Has anyone else had a similar experience to this? Will we be allowed access to the cruise terminal with these documents? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance and happy cruising everyone!

If you have completed OLCI, then there is no worries, just show up at the pier with your travel documents and CC and it will be completed there...

... print out your last email confirmation indicating that you are paid in full, to take as well.

bon voyage

We sailed in December without an express pass or or advance check in. I didn't even know they existed.

We had no problem using only the paperwork from the TA confirming our purchase that showed the booking number. It took all of two minutes to check in without the online 'boarding pass'.

Enjoy your cruise

BTW we ALWAYS carry paperwork that shows our booking number and our OVC and other perks. We had them disappear once (on another cruise line, and don't want that hassle again. Same goes for paper copy of our passports.

I've also found that changing browsers often helps with that danged screwed up website.

thank you for your replies, I may rest a little easier now and enjoy our day in San Juan a little more. Ive always heard horror stories of passengers being denied boarding at the port!

Because they didn't bring their passport...

thank you for your replies, I may rest a little easier now and enjoy our day in San Juan a little more. Ive always heard horror stories of passengers being denied boarding at the port!

They will not denied you to board if you don't print the Xpress pass, mostly denied boarding is because missing travel documents like the passport or visas.

We had no problem using only the paperwork from the TA confirming our purchase that showed the booking number. It took all of two minutes to check in without the online 'boarding pass'.

Enjoy your cruise

:D that's less time than it takes us to check in even though we do all the self check-in and self printing rigmarole beforehand. Given the time it takes to do self check-in and the hassle sometimes accessing one's account I wonder if in reality it saves the traveler any time.

You can also call up Celebrity or the Captains Club, get them to .pdf your Xpress pass to your email, then open it and print.

I have not been able to access my reservations in weeks. Whenever I need anything, I call and get them to send me the documents via email. I figure if they can’t get their website to work properly, then I’ll just keep calling and get their “customer reps” to take the time and do it for me...

PDFs are sent immediately and I have a printout two minutes later.

They will not denied you to board if you don't print the Xpress pass, mostly denied boarding is because missing travel documents like the passport or visas.

This is true. The only really necessary things you need to board the ship are a valid passport and a form of payment (cash, credit card, etc).

The printouts are a convenience and help speed things along, but are not in the 'absolutely must have' category.

It'll be fine...enjoy San Juan! Our last cruise, 3/18, which was our 8th, I just plain forgot to print our boarding passes! I called Captain's Club and there was nothing they could do but e-mail an old form which I printed and completed. When we got to the pier I told the agent what happened, she laughed and 10 minutes later we were on board! Just don't forget your passport and your credit card! Have a great cruise. :D

I have had problems with printing out my boarding pass. I use a IPad. I also couldn’t print my luggage tags.

I called Celebrity and they Emailed me a PDF and I was able to print out both.

A few years ago we were sailing out of Ft Lauderdale. We drove to the port to park there. They demanded to see our boarding pass at the security gate. Luckily I had it and they also wanted to see my Drivers License and would not accept my Passport. I told them that my drivers liense was in my carry on and I would have to look for it because it was packed there since leaving the hotel to minimize items being carried to go thru screening. She said that I needed it because I was driving. She made a phone call and then with a scolding voice told me that I should have my drivers license but will let me in this one time.

I think sometimes some workers just want to make up their own rules and give people a hard time.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thank you everyone! Its sailing day now and after yesterday I did have the peace of mind to enjoy our adventures in OSJ. Me always being of the idea that if you want or need something the worst someone can say if you as is "no" I walked myself right up the registration desk at the Hotel El Convento, explained our situation to the very kind young ladies we met and they were more than happy to print up the pdf. celebrity had sent us even though we weren't guests! Thank you all again so very much. Full sails, clear skies and calm seas to everyone!