Millennium Questions

traveling1969

Cruising to Alaska on the Millennium in May and have a few questions. What kind (brand, power) of binoculars are provided to Concierge-class cabins? What time do we meet with the Maitre'd on embarkation day for seating requests? How many terminals in the internet room? Didn't want to tote a laptop. I know there are two levels in the dining room. Which one is for traditional/fixed and which for walk-ins/reservations or do they use both for both types? Thanks for your help.

Harry

Cruising to Alaska on the Millennium in May and have a few questions. What kind (brand, power) of binoculars are provided to Concierge-class cabins? What time do we meet with the Maitre'd on embarkation day for seating requests? How many terminals in the internet room? Didn't want to tote a laptop. I know there are two levels in the dining room. Which one is for traditional/fixed and which for walk-ins/reservations or do they use both for both types? Thanks for your help.

Harry

The provided binoculars aren’t worth much - simple folding set that could fit in a pocket. If you truly want binoculars to view the scenery with, bring a pair.

Go to the Maitre’d as soon as you board.

Don’t know answers to your other questions.

The binoculars are more akin to toys than anything useful; personally I was able to see better without them. Lots of beautiful scenery in Alaska and some is often off in the distance - so I strongly recommend bringing at least one (if not two - so you don't have to share with your traveling companion if there is something good to see for a short period of time) good pairs of binoculars with you.

Harry

If I recollect correctly, there are at least nine (9) terminals in the iLounge to use.

Upper level is fixed dining and lower level is Select.

bon voyage

The provided binoculars aren’t worth much - simple folding set that could fit in a pocket. If you truly want binoculars to view the scenery with, bring a pair.

Go to the Maitre’d as soon as you board.

Don’t know answers to your other questions.

No set start time for dining inquiries with the Maitre'd? Where will the Maitre'd be? I assume in the dining room but do you know which floor?

Cruised on Millennium in late March. I recall 12 terminals inside the Internet lounge and two more in the corridor outside where it widens out. I never had a problem getting a place except when closed for classes and of course at cruise end. Indeed as we were delayed arriving at Shanghai due to fog - got in 7-8 hours late, free internet was provided in the Sky Lounge so that flight changes etc could be made. To control this people were called by deck or by departure group - I can't remember exactly which as we did not use the opportunity due to unlimited package.

By the way the internet worked very well for the whole cruise from Hong Kong to Shanghai.

Cruised on Millennium in late March. I recall 12 terminals inside the Internet lounge and two more in the corridor outside where it widens out. I never had a problem getting a place except when closed for classes and of course at cruise end. Indeed as we were delayed arriving at Shanghai due to fog - got in 7-8 hours late, free internet was provided in the Sky Lounge so that flight changes etc could be made. To control this people were called by deck or by departure group - I can't remember exactly which as we did not use the opportunity due to unlimited package.

By the way the internet worked very well for the whole cruise from Hong Kong to Shanghai.

Hi Ian67, We were on the same cruise. I remember 4 computers in the corridor 2 on each side near the elevators outside of the ilounge.

If I recollect correctly, there are at least nine (9) terminals in the iLounge to use.

Upper level is fixed dining and lower level is Select.

bon voyage

There are also a couple just outside the iLounge - thus can be used even when there is a class going on in the iLounge

No set start time for dining inquiries with the Maitre'd? Where will the Maitre'd be? I assume in the dining room but do you know which floor?

Each floor has its own. He/she will be at the entrance of the dining room.