Its been a while. Question regarding non refundable deposit

ryano

Im looking at booking Harmony of the Seas out of Port Canaveral next September. Going with my first oceanview balcony ever!

I just want to make sure i have the non refundable deposit figured out. You pay full non refundable deposit of 250.00 per person now. If you cancel, you lose 100.00 of that per person and the remaining would go to a FCC to be used within 12 months.

Any changes made after deposit is paid will also require a 100.00 per person fee as well? So say I wanted to do a name change, that would be 200.00?

Thanks! :)

Im looking at booking Harmony of the Seas out of Port Canaveral next September. Going with my first oceanview balcony ever!

I just want to make sure i have the non refundable deposit figured out. You pay full non refundable deposit of 250.00 per person now. If you cancel, you lose 100.00 of that per person and the remaining would go to a FCC to be used within 12 months.

Any changes made after deposit is paid will also require a 100.00 per person fee as well? So say I wanted to do a name change, that would be 200.00?

To my knowledge, the only changes that would cost you a penalty are a change in ship or sailing date.

To my knowledge, the only changes that would cost you a penalty are a change in ship or sailing date.

Thank you Bob :) Congrats on becoming Host here as well. Ive been at that other place down the hall for a while but Im back :)

If I get a chance I will call them today to clarify. :)

When they say you have a year to use it does that just mean that it has to be applied to a cruise within a year or does that cruise have to be taken and completed within the year?

When we had an FCC, the cruise had to be completed by the expiration date.

When they say you have a year to use it does that just mean that it has to be applied to a cruise within a year or does that cruise have to be taken and completed within the year?

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

It's funny. I saw your question and thought, "Hey! I just booked a cruise with a nonrefundable deposit here on board the Grandeur, and I took a picture of the form she made me sign! I'll just look at it and answer this question!"

But it just says "FCC" on the form. :o

The form doesn't give that detail, and I don't recall the answer.

But it's a good - and important - point.

😄

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

You have 1 year from the date you cancel to apply it to a new sailing date.That new sailing date can be as far out as any current deployment.. like into 2020

I don't see where there is an option of refundable deposits anymore on the website. It's been like this for the last couple of days. I'm trying to compare prices to make sure the price of my cruise hasn't gone down but I can't compare apples to apples with no refundable pricing. Are they not offering refundable deposits anymore??

You have 1 year from the date you cancel to apply it to a new sailing date.That new sailing date can be as far out as any current deployment.. like into 2020

That's what I thought I remembered - must book within a year of the day that you cancel. Not any other date: the day that you CANCEL.

Thank you for the verification that this date applies to BOOKING the new cruise, not taking the next cruise.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Refundable deposits are still available, but it appears that the website is exhibiting one of it's rare malfunctions and is not showing the refundable option for some.

If you are looking for the refundable option for a non-suite stateroom, you may have to call them.

It's funny. I saw your question and thought, "Hey! I just booked a cruise with a nonrefundable deposit here on board the Grandeur, and I took a picture of the form she made me sign! I'll just look at it and answer this question!"

But it just says "FCC" on the form. :o

The form doesn't give that detail, and I don't recall the answer.

But it's a good - and important - point.

😄

Funny enough, we just changed our refundable to non-refundable on our Symphony cruise as the difference was substantial. When i asked the agent if the remaining deposit had to be used within a year (in the case where we had to cancel), he responded "I don't think so". We were going to switch anyways due to the savings, but just shows you to not trust what they say.

Unlike airlines, you can change the names of the guests up until 4(maybe 5) days prior to sailing any refundable or non-refundable booking. The only caveat is, that one of the original guest names must remain. Penalty only occurs if you change the sail date or ship on a non-refundable deposit. You can still even have the price adjusted if better promos come along.

Also, not that it makes a difference, you will see the full deposit applied to the new booking, then the $100 is deducted. This is all based on information I received from Royal Caribbean when making my bookings.

Refundable deposits are still available, but it appears that the website is exhibiting one of it's rare malfunctions and is not showing the refundable option for some.

If you are looking for the refundable option for a non-suite stateroom, you may have to call them.

How unlike you to use sarcasm.:D

Unlike airlines, you can change the names of the guests up until 4(maybe 5) days prior to sailing any refundable or non-refundable booking. The only caveat is, that one of the original guest names must remain. Penalty only occurs if you change the sail date or ship on a non-refundable deposit. You can still even have the price adjusted if better promos come along.

Also, not that it makes a difference, you will see the full deposit applied to the new booking, then the $100 is deducted. This is all based on information I received from Royal Caribbean when making my bookings.

Thank you very much! Very helpful information!

I don't see where there is an option of refundable deposits anymore on the website. It's been like this for the last couple of days. I'm trying to compare prices to make sure the price of my cruise hasn't gone down but I can't compare apples to apples with no refundable pricing. Are they not offering refundable deposits anymore??

I was doing a mock booking for a future Med. cruise and both deposits are shown, at least for balcony cabins

I don't know if this is normal because NRD is new to me on Royal but I booked Harmony today and didn't have the choice until the end of the booking. You could pay extra for refundable deposit where asks you if you want to add gratuities or insurance. You lose any OBC though. I chose to stay with the NRD and keep the 100.00 OBC

Ok is RC having website issues as per usual, or am I crazy to think that all fares going forward are nonrefundable? I just checked some new bookings and none of them offered me the choice to select refundable or non. The fare details seem to indicate that the promos are for nonrefundable, but no choice was given. Anyone else?

I have been looking at 2019 Caribbean sailings.

Ok is RC having website issues as per usual, or am I crazy to think that all fares going forward are nonrefundable? I just checked some new bookings and none of them offered me the choice to select refundable or non. The fare details seem to indicate that the promos are for nonrefundable, but no choice was given. Anyone else?

I have been looking at 2019 Caribbean sailings.

At the end of the booking it gave me the option to pay extra for refundable deposit where you add grats and insurance

At the end of the booking it gave me the option to pay extra for refundable deposit where you add grats and insurance

What date in September 2019? I checked 2 dates for the Harmony and got both options for each date