Pools and Hot Tubs closed at night?

I was watching a video of Allure last night which showed a recent cruise where the hot tubs and pools were closed after 7 PM. There were signs across them stating closing hours at 7 PM.

Can someone confirm that this is always the case or only on certain days?

There was one hot tub that remained open, but with a ship of 5,000 people, one hot tub isn’t gonna cut it!

I was looking forward to a late night under the stars.

Pools now close when lifeguards are off duty. Schedule may vary day to day, but our experience has been that they are closed after 11pm.

Hot tubs are not under the control of the lifeguards, so at least one is usually open 24 hours.

On the Oasis in January my wife and I used the hot tub in the Solarium about midnight. It was open and I think the workers told me it never closes.

Thanks for the feedback!

From what I saw was that at a more peak-time like 8:00pm, having one hot tub on an Oasis class ship wasn’t enough to meet the demand.

I was watching a video of Allure last night which showed a recent cruise where the hot tubs and pools were closed after 7 PM. There were signs across them stating closing hours at 7 PM.

Can someone confirm that this is always the case or only on certain days?

There was one hot tub that remained open, but with a ship of 5,000 people, one hot tub isn’t gonna cut it!

I was looking forward to a late night under the stars.

I watched the same Youtube vlog. I couldn't believe they were all closed at 7 either. At one point Josh said Why have lights in them if they aren't going to be open in the evening. I agree. That ship is so huge it's hard to believe it.

At one point Josh said Why have lights in them if they aren't going to be open in the evening. I agree. That ship is so huge it's hard to believe it.

They were built before this policy went into effect. Basically, a kid drowned, his parents sued, and Royal got spooked and decided to post life guards at all the pools.

Personally, I could understand staffing the kid-centric pools with life guards, and closing them late at night, but having a life guard stand and stare down at the solarium pool where most people are just standing there, and kids aren't supposed to be anyway, is kind of silly.

I mean, every once in awhile someone falls off the ship. Should we post guards on all the balconies?

I wish the pools (at least one) were open late. I understand they can't have lifeguards on duty all the time, but why can't they post signs indicating when there are no lifeguards on duty and that you swim at your own risk?

When my daughter and I were on Enchantment in March, I spoke to the staff.

At about 11:00 IIRC, they shut down 2 of the 4 hot tubs. They were opposite corners. Drained them and refilled them. Then, once they were filled, they did the opposite ones.

Then they were all open 24 hours. They said that they stay open 24 hours. But, every night they drain and refill them.

Sadly, we were on the 6/30/16 Anthem cruise in which the boy drowned on day 1 (daylight hours).

There were no lifeguards on duty, which is not a commentary on weather they would/would not have made a difference as much as an observation.

The next day, life guards were placed on duty at the pools throughout the rest of the cruise.

They were at the pools at night and during the day.

Pools were open at night to allow guests to swim while watching movies.

I don’t recall about how many hot tubs were open, but there was more than one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums