Kids club after dinner- pickup in dining room

we are cruising Oasis in September with family. I was looking at the compass for the kids program and it mentions that they will expedite dinner and pickup kids outside the dining room and take them to kids club. It mentioned MyTime dining. We are signed up for early traditional seating for dinnner. Can I still take advantage of this aspect of the program or do we have to be doing MyTime dining? We have four kids in our group ages 3- 7 and I thought they might enjoy the option of going to the kids club vs the long drawn out dinner in dining room. Thanks so much!

Are you sure that it did not say "My Family Time Dining"? That is the program for guests in early traditional dinner where the kids are picked up around 45 minutes after the start of dinner.

Following - It was my understanding you have to have the regular early time seating to do the Kids club pick up. I thought it does NOT work with the My Time because how would they know when to pick up the kids.

Ah ok yes you are correct that it says My Family Time Dining! So it sounds like we are all set given we are in early seating :) We have cruised Royal several times, but first time since having our son so we are brand new to the kids activities. He’s not sold on kids club but I’m hoping he’ll try it a little at least. Maybe he’ll be ok with it if the cousins go too. Thanks as always for the quick response. Love CC :)

It doesn't really matter if you have My Family Dining or My Time Dining, they come to the dining room around the same time every night. If your kids are done and ready to go, just walk them up there and the staff will take them to Adventure Ocean - they won't turn your kids away if you don't have "traditional" seating. But it is around 6:15-6:30, so you'll have to get to the dining room early.

Another option is you can drop them off at Adventure Ocean around 4:45 and they will have dinner with their friends, and you can enjoy a quiet meal. We usually take advantage once or twice each sailing.

Ah ok yes you are correct that it says My Family Time Dining! So it sounds like we are all set given we are in early seating :) We have cruised Royal several times, but first time since having our son so we are brand new to the kids activities. He’s not sold on kids club but I’m hoping he’ll try it a little at least. Maybe he’ll be ok with it if the cousins go too. Thanks as always for the quick response. Love CC :)

I think you are OK, but check your Cruise Planner on Royal's website. I think you have to sign up for MFTD, either pre-cruise or onboard.

Yes I did see that option for dropping them off in AO earlier and then they eat in Windjammer. I’m not sure that would work for the 3 and 5 year old in our group but it is a nice option for older kids for sure. Our son is 5 and I’m just not sure he’d be comfortable doing dinner in Windjammer without us. But I think we might try the other option a night or two!

Yes I did see that option for dropping them off in AO earlier and then they eat in Windjammer. I’m not sure that would work for the 3 and 5 year old in our group but it is a nice option for older kids for sure. Our son is 5 and I’m just not sure he’d be comfortable doing dinner in Windjammer without us. But I think we might try the other option a night or two!

Our 5 & 8 year olds love it. They've been cruising since they were 2 and 5, though, and have about 10 under their belt so they have some experience. Our 5 year old would probably have more trouble if big brother wasn't eating with him.

They take the kids to the CLOSED section of the windjammer. We peeked in on our almost 5yr old. There were maybe 20 kids with staff in the completely empty windjammer. They could choose pizza or chicken nuggets and fries.

we are cruising Oasis in September with family. I was looking at the compass for the kids program and it mentions that they will expedite dinner and pickup kids outside the dining room and take them to kids club. It mentioned MyTime dining. We are signed up for early traditional seating for dinnner. Can I still take advantage of this aspect of the program or do we have to be doing MyTime dining? We have four kids in our group ages 3- 7 and I thought they might enjoy the option of going to the kids club vs the long drawn out dinner in dining room. Thanks so much!
Actually on a cruise we took last fall, we used that very program. I don't know how it works with "my time" dining, but we had 5:30 dining. About 6:15, the counselors from Adventure Club would meet us at the dining room entrance and get her. We were able to continue our meal. We would pick her up later and she loved Adventure Club.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

It doesn't really matter if you have My Family Dining or My Time Dining, they come to the dining room around the same time every night. If your kids are done and ready to go, just walk them up there and the staff will take them to Adventure Ocean - they won't turn your kids away if you don't have "traditional" seating. But it is around 6:15-6:30, so you'll have to get to the dining room early.

Another option is you can drop them off at Adventure Ocean around 4:45 and they will have dinner with their friends, and you can enjoy a quiet meal. We usually take advantage once or twice each sailing.

Check directly with the timing for the AO staff to take them to dinner. We were on Harmony and our little had to be at AO (Aquanauts) by 5:30pm.

Thank you everyone for your input. It’s all very helpful to me. I’m hoping the kids will consider trying it out. Are there a lot of kids that take advantage of this? Do you feel like they bring enough staff to transport them to the ship? I’m probably a worry wart but it makes me nervous having someone else take my child throughout this huge ship but I’m sure they have it down to a science!

• Like 1

They take the kids to the CLOSED section of the windjammer. We peeked in on our almost 5yr old. There were maybe 20 kids with staff in the completely empty windjammer. They could choose pizza or chicken nuggets and fries.

Ok this makes a lot of sense! Logistically taking kids to the Windjammer seemed like a nightmare to me, but I have never eaten there at night so had no clue one side was closed. I totally understand how they handle this aspect now. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

My experience with "My Family Time Dining" on Liberty was kind of negative. We had the early dinner seating and every single night were rushing the waitstaff to get our kids fed (especially their beloved dessert) before the AO drop off timeslot outside the MDR. A couple nights they didn't get dessert in time. We talked to our waitstaff repeatedly about the "My Family Time Dining" program and they seemed clueless as to what I was talking about. On a positive note, it was extremely convenient to utilize the AO drop off outside the MDR instead of walking them to AO ourselves while our dinner was still in-progress. I did end up walking my 10 month old to the Nursery most evenings after I ordered dessert, since she is too young for the AO kids clubs.

Maybe your experience will be different. It appears in the comments above many people have had success with the program. Next cruise we will be trying the "My Time Dining" and either bringing our kids to AO ourselves or using the AO drop off outside the MDR.