Classic drink package vs Premium non-alcohol package?

ricklepickle

If we decide to book with the perk of the Classic drink package, what do we do about the minor traveling with us? He cannot order alcohol...

Also, are the beverages in the Premium non-alcoholic package all covered in the Classic (alcohol) package? Most of our party drink little alcohol, but would definitely enjoy smoothies and lattes and specialty water. And certainly the 18 year old would.

I’m estimating the value, to us, of the packages. Each of us has different preferences and habits, and most of us probably value a cappuccino over a cocktail. Not looking for a debate, just information - We are not teetotalers at all, just don’t drink much. I suppose we prefer to eat our calories. :))

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like you’d all prefer the nonalcoholic Premium package (to include the smoothies). Just pay as you go if you decide on an alcoholic drink. You may have to call to get the nonalcoholic package

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sounds like you’d all prefer the nonalcoholic Premium package (to include the smoothies). Just pay as you go if you decide on an alcoholic drink. You may have to call to get the nonalcoholic package

We wouldn’t be evaluating drink packages if they weren’t part of possible perks (vs just booking the room, which may make sense for us). I’m looking for information to help me value this perk for this group of cruisers: does the classic alcohol drink package include the same smoothies, premium water and fancy coffee as the premium non-alcohol package?

It does not take many drinks to make the beverage package worth while as a perk. The next best perk is the grats or OBC depending on cruise length. So divide by the length of the cruise and you get the value. On a 10 day cruise the grats and the OBC are worth about $15 a day (longer the grats a worth more, shorter the OBC is) That's about 3 drinks (even sodas and coffees still about 3 or 4 drinks) So if you are having more than 3 or 4 drinks a day the bevy package beats all the other perks value wise. The minor will get a non-alc beverage package by default. I've heard you can get guest services to switch your classis to a premium non-alc on board. I think the only thing that would get you is the sparkling water and possibly a smoothie. The non-alc blended drinks (virign pina colada etc) are covered under the classic package as are all coffee, tea, juices, regular sodas, waters etc

Thanks for this - this is what I needed to know.

Knowing how we cruised in the past, the value is still quite low for us. In absolute terms, OBC plus gratuities is best value for us. But that isn’t the option combination from this travel agent. [emoji1]

Thanks for this - this is what I needed to know.

Knowing how we cruised in the past, the value is still quite low for us. In absolute terms, OBC plus gratuities is best value for us. But that isn’t the option combination from this travel agent. [emoji1]

The nice thing is when you have a beverage package you will tend to try things you might otherwise not. Like another glass of wine at dinner, or an after dinner drink (latte or congac or late harvest wine). You may have that "fresh" squeezed OJ at breakfast that you normally skip. Or have a latte versus the regular coffee. Want a beer by the pool, no worries, want to try the drink of the day etc. We didn't think we would ever need a beverage package, now we don't know how we sailed without one;p

I went with the premium non-alcoholic package on my last cruise, and used it to try out some pricy non-alcoholic drinks. There was this one non-alcoholic drink called an "Igluu" that was quite good.

classic packages (alcoholic and non alcoholic) includes "regular" bottled water (whatever brand they have) and you can get club soda either from the machine or a can/bottle (again, whatever brand the ship has based on region generally). Premium includes Evian and Perrier/Pellegrino and the smoothies. The smoothies and fresh blended juices are avail from the aqua spa cafe during opening hours (breakfast and lunch)-- not at all bars/restaurants. Both classic and premium packages include specialty coffees and teas (cappicino, latte, espresso, Iglu blended coffee drinks). Smoothies are $6.00 USD if you pay as you go.

If we decide to book with the perk of the Classic drink package, what do we do about the minor traveling with us? He cannot order alcohol...

Also, are the beverages in the Premium non-alcoholic package all covered in the Classic (alcohol) package? Most of our party drink little alcohol, but would definitely enjoy smoothies and lattes and specialty water. And certainly the 18 year old would.

I’m estimating the value, to us, of the packages. Each of us has different preferences and habits, and most of us probably value a cappuccino over a cocktail. Not looking for a debate, just information - We are not teetotalers at all, just don’t drink much. I suppose we prefer to eat our calories. :))

Thanks!

You may want to visit X's website for further information on all of the packages and sample of what is included at each level, then decide.

bon voyage

It does not take many drinks to make the beverage package worth while as a perk. The next best perk is the grats or OBC depending on cruise length. So divide by the length of the cruise and you get the value. On a 10 day cruise the grats and the OBC are worth about $15 a day (longer the grats a worth more, shorter the OBC is) That's about 3 drinks (even sodas and coffees still about 3 or 4 drinks) So if you are having more than 3 or 4 drinks a day the bevy package beats all the other perks value wise. The minor will get a non-alc beverage package by default. I've heard you can get guest services to switch your classis to a premium non-alc on board. I think the only thing that would get you is the sparkling water and possibly a smoothie. The non-alc blended drinks (virign pina colada etc) are covered under the classic package as are all coffee, tea, juices, regular sodas, waters etc

Interested in downgrading the Classic alcohol to premium non alcoholic for my wife only. Has anyone ever done that?

Any chance I can downgrade her classic package in exchange for an upgrade of my classic to premium alcohol? The total price of a premium non alcoholic and premium alcohol is cheaper than two classic packages so I am hoping I can talk someone is guest services into it. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this.

Interested in downgrading the Classic alcohol to premium non alcoholic for my wife only. Has anyone ever done that?

Any chance I can downgrade her classic package in exchange for an upgrade of my classic to premium alcohol? The total price of a premium non alcoholic and premium alcohol is cheaper than two classic packages so I am hoping I can talk someone is guest services into it. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this.

You will be lucky if they allow you to downgrade from the classic package to the premium non alcoholic for free. Don’t think there’s any chance you’ll talk them into upgrading you to alcoholic premium too. We are planning on trying this on one of our packages when we board (4/29). What Ive read on here is they will downgrade a classic alcohol to classic non-alcohol package and then allow you to pay the $4 a day difference to upgrade that to the premium non-alcohol. some people have been allowed to switch straight from classic alcohol to premium non alcohol for free, but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

You will be lucky if they allow you to downgrade from the classic package to the premium non alcoholic for free. Don’t think there’s any chance you’ll talk them into upgrading you to alcoholic premium too. We are planning on trying this on one of our packages when we board (4/29). What Ive read on here is they will downgrade a classic alcohol to classic non-alcohol package and then allow you to pay the $4 a day difference to upgrade that to the premium non-alcohol. some people have been allowed to switch straight from classic alcohol to premium non alcohol for free, but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

Celebrity is nothing if not inconsistent! I don't see what the point of going from classis to regular non-alc since everything on the non-alc can be had with the classic.

I agree, There's no chance they will downgrade one package and upgrade the other. But I have read several times on here that people have been able to change from the classic to the premium non-alc. You might need to ask for a supervisor at guest services in order to make it happen. Most time the regular staff are fairly limited in what they can do. I've had much better success when I get a supervisor for those unusual requests.

We choose the classic alcohol package as one of our perks. My husband doesn't drink alcohol, but likes sparkling water, so we go to passenger services and ask them to switch his package for a premium non-alcohol package. He has been accomodated every time.

I upgraded my CAL for a PAL at one of the bars so the bartender would get the gratuity. I have never thought to ask for a free upgrade on my package. While the cost of a premium non alcohol package + a premium alcohol package are less than the cost of the two classic alcohol packages, I am getting them as a 'free' perk.

I asked to downgrade my classic alcohol package to premium non -alcoholic at guest services on Silhouette, but was told it wasn't possible unless I down graded to classic non- alcoholic then paid $4 per day to upgrade to premium non-alcoholic. This doesn't make sense as the premium non-alcoholic is far cheaper than the classic alcohol package, but the supervisor wouldn't budge

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

Does the classic package include the bottled water they sell by the gangway when you are getting off the ship?

YES it does. They don't usually have Evian down at the gangway, but whatever the other bottled water brand is (it is regional depending on where the ship re-supplied their water!). But the classic includes this

Does the classic package include sparkling water? It doesn't have to be Perrier or San Pellegrino....but it must be sparkling.

I don't have a "perk drinks package" on my Silhouette music charter cruise in May so I'm pondering which one to buy. I drink a lot of sparkling water, about four teas or coffee's a day, two glasses of wine with dinner and maybe two cocktails after dinner.

Also what is the tonic water onboard? Hope it's not just the absolutely horrible Royal tonic? Fevertree would be wonderful but I don't expect it. Schweppes would be acceptable so hoping for that.