Central Park Balcony - Pros and Cons?

I love the Central Park balconies and highly recommend them! I had one directly over the musicians, and it was so peaceful just relaxing out on the balcony at night among the music, plants and lights. Noise was not an issue at all - pool deck noise during the day comes with every room in this category, but nights were perfectly peaceful. I hope this helped, and please don’t hesitate to ask any further questions! [emoji846]

View from 10207 on Harmony4903dc52aa929c73860831cdd5cf18b9.jpg21a854628d2ae0f55ebc087d9b9d3a60.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone have any experience with the Central Park balconies? Pros? Cons? Is it really noisy? We are considering a 2J category. Thanks!

We were in a Central Park balcony on the TA on harmony.

Wasn’t noisy at all, in fact I found it kind of boring.

We thought being at sea for 9 days in a regular balcony would be too much looking at the ocean for 9days, I was wrong. I would rather have the sun and sea then Central Park. At least I had the experience but wouldn’t do it again. I may even do a boardwalk balcony if I am on that class of ship again. You get to see the aqua show from your balcony which is very appealing to me.

We had one on Allure and were kind of meh about it. I did find the noise somewhat bothersome. It definitely carried into the room and interfered with taking those wonderfully decadent afternoon siestas cruises are made for! It was not too much of an issue at night, however.

I also agree that it was rather dull. There isn't much to see but plants and lights at night. Going forward, we'd either get a sea view balcony or just get oceanview.

We personally didn't like them. I always felt like I was on stage when out on the balcony. You can see and be seen from the rooms across from you, plus various other points such as the windows looking out over the CP, plus from those up on the pool deck. We did 2 guarantees and ended up in these so we didn't pay more. I certainly will NEVER pay more for one. I may pay a little more for a Boardwalk Balcony as at least you can somewhat see the ocean and shows from most of those.

We do not like Central Park or boardwalk cabins. I am not one who likes to live in an apartment with people who can see across into my room. Always having to close the drapes to get dressed. We only get ocean view balcony. These large ships do not have many spaces to enjoy the ocean. Therefore I must be in an ocean view.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We enjoyed our CP balcony, but still prefer to have an ocean view balcony. It was similar to being in a big city hotel room. Sometimes you can get a much better deal on a CP over ocean view. We would do CP again.....something different to try.

We had two of them a couple of weeks ago on Oasis (deck 11), after previously only having ocean view balconies. For me, there were pretty much equal parts of things I liked about it and didn't like about it.

Pros: Cheaper than the ocean view for a busy spring break week sailing.

Close proximity to Park Café and the other restaurants located in CP

Beautiful music at night

Cons: Being able to see balconies across the ship from you, and them being able to see you.

No ocean/port views

I personally enjoyed the CPB. I loved being able to sit out on the balcony at night and look up at the stars and listen to the beautiful music. There was a mild amount of noise at times during the day, coming from the pool deck on deck 15 above (music, etc.) but with the balcony door closed, it was a non-issue and it was gone around dinner time. The noise from CP at night was limited to low, muffled talking from people dining at the restaurants below - but again, was a non-issue especially with the classical/jazz musicians playing as well. The noise level on the boardwalk seemed a lot higher during the times we were at that area of the ship, so I think noise would be more of an issue there.

The privacy/having to close curtains was not an issue for us either. We were on a Caribbean sailing and in order to keep the cabin cool, you pretty much have to have the curtains closed most of the time during the day anyway (as you would also have to do with an ocean view balcony) and it's not a big deal to close them for a short time at night to get dressed. If you're someone who likes to sleep with your balcony door open, listening to the ocean, these cabins aren't for you.

I did miss seeing the ocean and watching the ship pull into port from my balcony (but on this sailing, we visited islands that we had been to many times before and had seen from ocean view balconies), but I would still opt to sail in a CPB again if the price difference made it worth my while.

We like it. Most of the pros and cons have already been mentioned so it's all about what you prefer and what you're willing to pay for. Seeing the ocean day after day is not something we need or care for so it makes no difference to us. Price, cabin size and convenient location are more important. All Central Park balconies are mid ship and most other categories have up charges for a mid ship location. Since CP balconies seem to be less desirable, they are generally less expensive and have added perks (free bottle of wine and a lunch).

We had one on Allure and were kind of meh about it. I did find the noise somewhat bothersome. It definitely carried into the room and interfered with taking those wonderfully decadent afternoon siestas cruises are made for! It was not too much of an issue at night, however.

I also agree that it was rather dull. There isn't much to see but plants and lights at night. Going forward, we'd either get a sea view balcony or just get oceanview.

That's been our experience, also. We used to like them, but lately the afternoon noise from the pool area seems to funnel down more than it used to, so we've decided not to book them anymore. We generally have a balcony on whatever ship we're on and, in truth, rarely use it--but in my opinion, afternoon sitting on the balcony in Central Park really isn't enjoyable.

We only book a balcony to have own private view of the ocean as we cruise. Very relaxing.

I would miss seeing the ocean on Boardwalk balconies, and would simply not spend the money on them if I can't see it.

But of course that is all a manner of personal choice. Some like the "people watching" more than the view of the ocean. Saves more ocean view balconies for me....;)

We have been on the Allure 3 times and ONLY book the Central Park balcony!! It is quite lovely, and we appreciate the balcony with a view beyond the Ocean!! We are doing the Harmony and have booked a Central Park balcony. Noise isn't an issue (when door is shut during the day) and closing the drapes to change...well that's just a minor inconvenience. But sitting outside and hearing the birds and music...it's a wonderful feeling. Try it...you might like it!!

Done CP balcony once, doing it again in August. Probably my second favourite of the three (OV being the first). I do miss being able to chill while watching the water but CP is peaceful in its own way.

We were in a Central Park balcony on the TA on harmony.

Wasn’t noisy at all, in fact I found it kind of boring.

............................................................... I may even do a boardwalk balcony if I am on that class of ship again. You get to see the aqua show from your balcony which is very appealing to me.

Agree! The Certral Park Balconies are quiet but BORING.

The Boardwalk Balconies are better cloices. ;)

I think I must have not been at the right angle to view the aqua show from my balcony when I did boardwalk. Had a bit of an obstructed view.

Fortunately this was back before aquatheatre suites were a thing, so we were able to watch from the aft balconies.

We had one of the CP cabins with a bit larger balcony. We found the balcony to be too hot and stuffy to enjoy, except in the late evenings. We did enjoy the free lunch at Sabor that came with our cabin - it was very good! As others have said, we did enjoy the music and lights from our balcony in the evenings...but that's the only time I can say that we enjoyed the balcony. We wouldn't book it again, unless the rate was exceptionally good.

My daughter and I have sailed five times in a Central Park balcony. (I sailed twice in an ocean balcony that adjoined with family. Nothing to see at night, and got extremely hot from western sun heading back north.)

Daughter and I love CPB - as long as it is on Deck 10. Less noise from pool deck than on higher decks. We enjoy watching people as they wander through the park. Spend a fair amount of time on balcony playing cards. Like the perk of special lunch plus free bottle of wine. On a sunny day, balcony is only in sun for a couple of hours, unlike ocean balconies.

Enjoyed recordings of birds on Oasis and Allure. Harmony had a tiresome “white noise” when we sailed her in 2016. I don’t know if they have changed that, and I hope we will hear birds (and crickets after dark) when we sail on Symphony in December.

We’ve done a boardwalk balcony on Oasis. Yes you can see the Aquashow but it’s much better to experience that from the aqua theatre seating anyway.

We found the noise resonated a lot, even with the balcony doors closed. Quiet at night though and you could get a decent view out over the back though I understand the slides on Harmony/Symphony restrict that more.

We are booked in a Central Park Balcony on our Symphony back to back in two weeks. We’ve had ocean view balconies many times and don’t really spend much time sitting out but the price was good and only a little more than an ocean view window cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Although I think overlooking Central Park is beautiful, no way could I do a Central Park Balcony. It is very warm in that area and there is no breeze at all.

Last July when we were on Allure, but not in a Central Park Balcony, we went to the Park Cafe for lunch and it was hot and humid, so much so, that I was very uncomfortable as we were sitting outside. Even in the evenings when we went to Chops and Giovanni's it was still hot and humid.

Even in January when we again sailed on Allure, it was warmer in the Central Park area. Perhaps if it were really cold, it might be ok there in winter, but I still don't think I'd chance it,

We are normally ocean view balcony cruisers on all other ships, and have had a regular balcony on one of our Allure sailings. We have also stayed in a Boardwalk Balcony twice and loved it. We were able to see the show in the Aqua Theatre and other things that went on there. The only drawback to that is the long walk from the elevator.

We are sailing again on Allure again in a couple of months, and once again, in a Boardwalk balcony. I love the people watching from there as well as the shows and if you have kids, King Julian and friends parade down the boardwalk and that seems to be interesting for them.