Solo World Cruise - With Friends Joining for Segments?

Smokeyham

I'm wondering if anyone has done a world cruise solo, and have had different friends join you (sharing your cabin) for various segments?

This would seem like an easy thing to do, but I wonder how amenable the cruise lines are to this arrangements, and if there are any other challenges I have not thought of?

Barbara,

Thanks for the response. I assumed it is possible and am curious about how open the lines are to this arrangement.

I did the 2016 world cruise on Cunard and had three different friends come on for various sectors. Worked well for me as I still had sectors on my own but was also able to share the experience with various friends.

You need a friendly travel agent with a contact in the cruiseline...

good luck...even on your own its an unforgettable experience.

Roscoe

I did the 2016 world cruise on Cunard and had three different friends come on for various sectors. Worked well for me as I still had sectors on my own but was also able to share the experience with various friends.

You need a friendly travel agent with a contact in the cruiseline...

good luck...even on your own its an unforgettable experience.

Roscoe

Thanks.... That sounds like a nice mix, having friends along for segments and some time on your own as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Can you share the logistics for how you accomplished this?

I will retire before DH and although he has his own business, being away for 120-180 days is going to be a challenge. My sister is also interested in joining for partial transit so this may work out splendidly.

I know we can't mention travel agents, but it seems to me that those that specialize in world cruises are essential. Any hints?

• 2 weeks later...
Can you share the logistics for how you accomplished this?

I will retire before DH and although he has his own business, being away for 120-180 days is going to be a challenge. My sister is also interested in joining for partial transit so this may work out splendidly.

I know we can't mention travel agents, but it seems to me that those that specialize in world cruises are essential. Any hints?

any decent travel agent should be able to organise it for you. I had a very good one ..