Post-Cruise Day Room Bus Tour

BeachTunes

Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone has recently taken PG's bus tour that's included with post-cruise day room rates. We are still on the fence about whether to go on the tour or head straight to the Intercontinental. We know the room won't be ready until 2 or so, and that's fine. We'd be happy to lounge by the pool and read.

I thought I read somewhere that the tour included a visit to one of Tahiti's waterfalls but most trip reports don't mention that. If the tour took us to a waterfall, we would be more likely to want to participate.

If anyone has any updated info on what sights the tour visits, that would be helpful. Thanks as always!

• 5 months later...

Hi,

We took this tour on 9 February 2019, just checked on my photos.

There were 3 stops 

1 The home of Norman Hall author of Mutiny on the Bounty which is now a museum

2 Venus Point 

3 A viewing point of the bay were Mutiny on the Bounty took place.

We were then dropped off at the I C and the rooms were ready and 

I hope this answers your question.

We were taking 2 extra nights post  cruise at the IC. We did take the 6 hour tour around the Island the following day which included the waterfall the only repeat stop was Venus Point.

If you are flying out that night you may wish to chill in the IC all day until you depart for the airport.

If you are taking a meal at the IC before you depart, leave plenty of time, some fellow cruisers did not get their meals in time  on February 9 and had to leave to catch the bus without finishing their meal.

Edited by Ormylad

4 hours ago, Ormylad said:

Hi,

We took this tour on 9 February 2019, just checked on my photos.

There were 3 stops 

1 The home of Norman Hall author of Mutiny on the Bounty which is now a museum

2 Venus Point 

3 A viewing point of the bay were Mutiny on the Bounty took place.

We were then dropped off at the I C and the rooms were ready and 

I hope this answers your question.

We were taking 2 extra nights post  cruise at the IC. We did take the 6 hour tour around the Island the following day which included the waterfall the only repeat stop was Venus Point.

If you are flying out that night you may wish to chill in the IC all day until you depart for the airport.

If you are taking a meal at the IC before you depart, leave plenty of time, some fellow cruisers did not get their meals in time  on February 9 and had to leave to catch the bus without finishing their meal.

Well, this just would confirm that the stops on the tour that the PG provides on disembarkation vary, or have varied over time.  We've done it several times, and it was all stops to the *west* of Papeete, not to the east (which all the stops above are.)  The Museum of the Islands (anthropology, archaeology), a marae, once the Gauguin Museum (no paintings), a cave.  But haven't done this for a few years, so I guess they've shifted it.

It would make sense to do the above eastern stuff if they were dropping you off at the Pearl.  Interesting that they've changed it--I quite like the eastern part, especially the black sand beaches like Venus Point.

23 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Well, this just would confirm that the stops on the tour that the PG provides on disembarkation vary, or have varied over time.  We've done it several times, and it was all stops to the *west* of Papeete, not to the east (which all the stops above are.)  The Museum of the Islands (anthropology, archaeology), a marae, once the Gauguin Museum (no paintings), a cave.  But haven't done this for a few years, so I guess they've shifted it.

It would make sense to do the above eastern stuff if they were dropping you off at the Pearl.  Interesting that they've changed it--I quite like the eastern part, especially the black sand beaches like Venus Point.

On our tour the following day we were informed that the Museum of the islands is currently closed for renovation. That would explain the changes. The bus for the Tahiti Pearl left the ship 15 minutes after ours for the IC but followed the same trip.

I guess they need to provide a 2 hour trip whilst the rooms are being prepared.

We enjoyed the trip, we were able to get our bearings around Papeete for the following days.

• Like 1