Live from the Spirit, September 10th to 25th, Tilbury to New York City

spinnaker2

Day 14 of 15 and we are swinging at anchor off Newport, RI. And I do mean swinging, the Crystal Symphony is nearby, keeping position with side thrusters, but we are swinging through quite a large arc.

20 min tender in cold weather under grey skies, definitely not going ashore, hate tendering at the best of times, and these aren’t.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Day 14 of 15 and we are swinging at anchor off Newport, RI. And I do mean swinging, the Crystal Symphony is nearby, keeping position with side thrusters, but we are swinging through quite a large arc. 20 min tender in cold weather under grey skies, definitely not going ashore, hate tendering at the best of times, and these aren’t.

Swinging at anchor does not sound good and feel solid. Good luck surviving and with the rest of your adventure. Below is the latest visual from Spins/Candy. Look good and tasty? Always love seafood!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Panama Canal? Completed Feb. 28-Mar. 15, 2017, Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco adventure through the Panama Canal with our first stops in Colombia, Central America and Mexico, plus added time in the great Golden Gate City. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! Those visuals start on the second page, post #26. Now at 23,064 views. See more at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2465580

Here are the stuffed clams sent from Spins! She says they are . . . "YUM!":

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see this picture larger/better!)

DSC06092%203_zpsuvcnzvxk.jpg

Well, here we are in Boston. Nice sail-in with lots of folks in the Observation Lounge. We are docked and my husband just spotted the Immigration guys walking onboard. I think they do the crew first, then the passengers for the face-to-face. So, we will just standby and read (or write on CC) until called.

As stated above, yesterday was glorious. We had been to Halifax on a land trip a few years back, so just milled abountne Harbor, had a beer in one of the cute brewery houses and then ate at our favorite restaurant from last time, The Bicycle Thief. Today was nice too, although a bit windy as we did our walk earlier this morning. We ate pizza out of the deck (thereby avoiding the inside American Classics buffet) and had a lovely meal. We had the pizza for the first time a few days ago and have been plotting our next time to “do pizza”since then. There are about 15 different kinds to choose from and they are just delicious. More on the food and restaurants a little later.

Floors are being called now for the Immigration festivities.

Hi, there!

I had the great opportunity to visit your cruise yesterday in Boston, with a travel agent group! Yes, we knew Immigration was there, as we had to wait an hour before getting our visitor passes and being allowed to get on the ship and begin our tour of your gorgeous ship! We had a Silverseas rep and a member of your senior administration staff give us a great tour of the ship, then we were treated to a beautiful lunch in the Indochine restaurant. We left the ship at 2:30 and were so impressed with it! I will be on the Spirit in 2019 for a cruise and can't wait! I do hope you enjoyed your cruise, and especially Boston!

Hi, there! I had the great opportunity to visit your cruise yesterday in Boston, with a travel agent group! Yes, we knew Immigration was there, as we had to wait an hour before getting our visitor passes and being allowed to get on the ship and begin our tour of your gorgeous ship! We had a Silverseas rep and a member of your senior administration staff give us a great tour of the ship, then we were treated to a beautiful lunch in the Indochine restaurant. We left the ship at 2:30 and were so impressed with it! I will be on the Spirit in 2019 for a cruise and can't wait! I do hope you enjoyed your cruise, and especially Boston!

Great that you received a nice tour and lunch on the Silver Spirit yesterday in Boston. Sounds nice!! Below is the latest visual from Spins/Candy.

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.! Completed a Jan. 21-Feb. 20, 2018, first adventure through Southeast Asia with stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before traveling all over Vietnam and Cambodia. This includes seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 36,068 views. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! See more at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

This below picture was sent with this title: "eat more vegetables". Looks nice, fresh and colorful!!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see this picture larger/better!)

DSC06072%203_zpsv4poxylv.jpg

Spinnaker, I am enjoying your pictures! So sorry you have had grey, wet, and windy weather most of the time. You may eish to try Tapatalk instead of photobucket for live picture posts.

Terry, thanks for helping to post the pictures, one photographer helping another, so we can all gobble them up.

cat lover.

i am blocked cant even see photos.

we just docked in nyc.

as we sailed past lady liberty, frank was singing new york, new york.

inspiring even before 6 am and in the pouring rain.

we will vacate our suite shortly

and begin the decompression process

;-)

i am blocked cant even see photos.

Oh, Spins, you are missing a lot then. Your photographs are absolutely gorgeous.

Sending you all best wishes on your re-entry to this other life. Thank you for bringing us along with you on your journey across the pond.

The people who booked Silversea transfers to La Guardia were greeted with a horrible horrible mess. Where were the Silversea representatives ? Crystal made sure that their guests were directed to the right transportation and gave their guests a seamless disembarkation. Silversea did absolutely nothing....absolutely nothing. Silversea let us down on this one..... it was totally awful.

Spinnaker, I am enjoying your pictures! So sorry you have had grey, wet, and windy weather most of the time. You may eish to try Tapatalk instead of photobucket for live picture posts. Terry, thanks for helping to post the pictures, one photographer helping another, so we can all gobble them up.

The free internet on board Silver Wind blocked SmugMug so I couldn't upload or post that way either. I had to use the app. But your pix do look great..

Appreciate these above comments and follow-ups. Below are a couple pictures that Spins sent to me yesterday. Both look fun and interesting for coming into New York City and seeing the Statue of Liberty dramatically lighted during this night-time, early-morning period.

Personally, I am seriously concerned if Silversea is "censoring" our use of the Internet by blocking in an overly-broad and/or arbitrary manner against access to certain, selective websites. On one hand, I can understand that the use of certain websites could become "bandwidth hogs". Some might try to upload ALL of their full-sized pictures while traveling on the ship. That could seriously slow-down Internet use for the entire ship.

BUT, in my case and I am sure for J.P. and others when we upload to PhotoBucket, SmugMug, etc., for CruiseCritic purposes while sailing, we are only trying to share very, very small digital files for a very limited number of pictures. These have hardly been "bandwidth hogs". Before we do our July 2019 Silver Muse Alaska cruise, I want to get clarification on the policy and practices as to which and how any types of unreasonable limitations with web access would be imposed. In the past, we have not had these problems on Silversea cruises. But last year with Princess when sailing through the Panama Canal, that line had blocked access to PhotoBucket. I talked with the Hotel Director and got the blocking limitation solved and fixed.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 212,888 views for this posting.

Here are two views from the Silver Spirit when seeing the Statue of Liberty as it was entering New York City's famed harbor.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

DSC06414%202%201_zpslbwgryem.jpg

DSC06407%202%202_zpsennrrb8j.jpg