Silver Spirits Beverage Package Option

sabrefan

If after embarking and you are two days into the cruise and decide the wine and beer that are included in your cruise fare does not meet your expectations, will Viking allow you to still purchase the Silver Spirits Beverage Package?

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a Viking Buri Lyon & Provence cruise. We had not pre booked the Silver Spirits Package, and upon trying the house wine on day one we quickly upgraded. We were very glad we did the value was exceptional, a wide variety of wines, and premium beverages. There were very few exceptions that were not included. One thing to note is that once on board we were charged in Euro's vs USD if we had pre booked.

We are currently trying to determine if the value will be there on our 2018 trip Stockholm to Bergen. It seems impossible to get any information on selections of wines available on the Viking Star and their cost per glass.

We just returned from a Viking Buri Lyon & Provence cruise. We had not pre booked the Silver Spirits Package, and upon trying the house wine on day one we quickly upgraded. We were very glad we did the value was exceptional, a wide variety of wines, and premium beverages. There were very few exceptions that were not included. One thing to note is that once on board we were charged in Euro's vs USD if we had pre booked.

We are currently trying to determine if the value will be there on our 2018 trip Stockholm to Bergen. It seems impossible to get any information on selections of wines available on the Viking Star and their cost per glass.

We were going through that same decision making process and decided (at Viking' suggestion) to wait until we get on board and try the wines offered - since Viking changes/rotates these wines, it doesn't seem possible to know in advance. I do know that they were different on Rivers vs Oceans in the past.

• 3 weeks later...

Albo1962

There is no advantage to purchasing the package prior to boarding.

I suggest you evaluate your choice and quantity of drinks once on board and then make your decision.

Keep in mind the package also includes upgraded wines at meals and sodas an drinks anytime on board. Also the package must be purchased for both occupants of your stateroom.

It's nice to be able to be able to get what you want when you want.

We are on Viking river cruise Berlin to Budapest. How much are drinks on board for a Jameson or a Jack Daniels?? Wondering if Silver spirits is worth it if I have 3 drinks daily

Jack is $8; Jameson $6 last June. I know; I paid it. Whoops! That's Ocean. Let me look up river.

Everyone in the room needs to be Silver

River: Jack 7 euros; jameson 6.50 euros

Public Service Note: 3 drinks/day every day + wine may be injurious to your health :halo:

Jack is $8; Jameson $6 last June. I know; I paid it. Whoops! That's Ocean. Let me look up river.

Public Service Note: 3 drinks/day every day + wine may be injurious to your health :halo:

Just be sure to have something to eat with your libations. You can be a little bad for two weeks with no lasting deleterious effects.

Throw in some Fernet Branca or Underburg after meals and you will be fine :)

• 1 month later...

We've done both....standard wines and Silver Spirits. I am not a wine connoisseur by any stretch of the imagination but I think it is worth the cost of upgrading. The standard stuff is only available during meals...not happy hour or after dinner. We looked at the daily cost and figured out what we would imbibe (wines, aperitifs, sodas, etc) and the average cost per day. Upgraded and wouldn't do the standard package again.

We've done both....standard wines and Silver Spirits. I am not a wine connoisseur by any stretch of the imagination but I think it is worth the cost of upgrading. The standard stuff is only available during meals...not happy hour or after dinner. We looked at the daily cost and figured out what we would imbibe (wines, aperitifs, sodas, etc) and the average cost per day. Upgraded and wouldn't do the standard package again.

I just want to pipe in here and say that Silver Spirits is great if you imbibe spirits; if you do three glasses a day, day in and day out, you will be ahead of the game. Or for those who just want the convenience of getting whatever they want without counting the pennies. However, if you are getting it just for the unlimited soda (which is free at meals and from your mini-bar (except in V cabins)), then you will have to drink 6 glasses of soda a day every day of the cruise to make it worth your while. There is only one drinks package available on board; there is no soft drinks plan.

We took Bergen to London and did not get the Silver Spirits package because my husband does not drink a lot and both cabin mates have to purchase it. We were charged in dollars for our drinks. We are buying the packages on our next ocean cruise. We vastly preferred the premium wines, especially in the paired wine flights for the special dining rooms. I like the spirit tastings in the bar on some afternoons. We both like to order a drink or soda when the mood strikes. I suggest it.

I see in the write up that they change wine selections once per cruise which I guess it at the halfway point. Would there be any difference in this policy on a long cruise like the 22 day Amazon trip compared to the 8 or 15 day cruises? It certainly seems like a good package to get no matter how often they change them out.

I see in the write up that they change wine selections once per cruise which I guess it at the halfway point. Would there be any difference in this policy on a long cruise like the 22 day Amazon trip compared to the 8 or 15 day cruises? It certainly seems like a good package to get no matter how often they change them out.

Excellent question.....both for complimentary as well as Silver Spirits......it seemed like the complimentary on both oceans and rivers were arbitrary changes in offerings but I am not sure if that is correct or was on a regular rotating basis.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about getting the package despite the fact that my daughter does not drink. I like the freedom of just getting whatever I feel like when the mood strike and I enjoy trying different drinks and the lack of guilt about not finishing it if I don't like it. She doesn't drink soda either.

Where can I find out the cost of the package?

I was thinking about getting the package despite the fact that my daughter does not drink. I like the freedom of just getting whatever I feel like when the mood strike and I enjoy trying different drinks and the lack of guilt about not finishing it if I don't like it. She doesn't drink soda either.

Where can I find out the cost of the package?

Go to my viking journal then go to enhance my trip then go to silver spirit beverage. It will tell you for your specific trip. I like it because I’m not a drinker but on vacation, I like to try different drinks, never finish them either but it’s fun