Mexican Riviera or Eastern Caribbean for Thxgiving wk

4Butterflycruiser

Trying to decide between 2 cruises for Thanksgiving week this year.We've been to the Western Caribbean several times.

Mexican Riviera is via Ruby to Cabo, Mazatlan & Puerto Vallarta

Eastern C is via Royal to Princess Cays, San Juan PR, Amber Cover DR, Turks & Caicos

We'll have a 12yo adventurous girl & my 78yo mom who both love to cruise!

Any input is appreciated!

That Eastern itinerary is great. That would be my choice. In my humble opinion, the airfare difference is well worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mexican Riviera cruise. Hands down. Many more options for adventurous outings, varied scenery, history, etc.

The eastern Caribbean is two privately built cruise line ports, San Juan - which is great, depending on your hours, and Turks and Caicos, which have beautiful beaches, but not much else..

Of beach is the priority, Eastern Caribbean. If adventure, scenery, history, etc is more important (along with great beach and water options), Mexico....

I haven't pulled up the exact itineraries but if either one has Thanksgiving Day as a sea day that is the one I would pick. You want to be rested and hungry for the meal and evening activities. I was on Ruby Princess in the western Caribbean for Thanksgiving 2014, her final season at Port Everglades and it ranks as one of my favorite Princess cruises. That cruise had over 700 British passengers on the second week of a fly/cruise B2B holiday who were all wondering why there was nothing but American Football on MUTS all day and what the heck the obsession with turkey was about.

Eastern Caribbean hands down. Have done the Riviera twice, doesn’t hold a candle to the eastern Caribbean which, other than the southern, is one of our favorite itineraries.

I would typically agree with this but, not with the Eastern itinerary you have. I love San Juan. While I like Princess Caysit is a Princess private island and just a beach day. I did not like Amber Cove or the nearby town. Never been to Grand Turk but it doesn’t look like much more than a beach or water sport day.

I like the Mexican Riviera. If you do research you can find lots of fun things to do.

Eastern Caribbean would be our choice. Better itinerary.

Done both itineraries many many times, Cabo and PV are North American suburbs. Mazatlan is not our favorite place anymore. Thanksgiving cruise will lead to half of all the children in California on the ship. eastern itinerary will have some children, but most likely not the sheer quantity that a Mexican Riveria would have traveling.

Trying to decide between 2 cruises for Thanksgiving week this year.We've been to the Western Caribbean several times.

Mexican Riviera is via Ruby to Cabo, Mazatlan & Puerto Vallarta

Eastern C is via Royal to Princess Cays, San Juan PR, Amber Cover DR, Turks & Caicos

We'll have a 12yo adventurous girl & my 78yo mom who both love to cruise!

Any input is appreciated!

Here is some port information for E. Caribbean

Princess Cays is a beach where you tender ashore. Be at the tender ticket early. Lunch is provided no charge. Drinks available using your cruise card. Some water activities for a cost, book through Princess tours. Outside the area are some local vendors. You must take gov't issued ID and cash. There are some local sites outside of Princess Cays. Bring water shoes, there is lots of coral getting into the water at the water line.

Amber Cove is also a beach. Not sure about tours.

Grand Turk is again a beach where the ship docks right there. There is a small shopping mall at the dock and a Margaritaville with large pool. If you walk up the beach to the left for about a half mile there is Jack's Shack, a nicer place than Margaritaville. You can buy lunch there, swim, sit on the beach. This is where you will find the crew.

San Juan - If you want to stay in Old San Juan you can do the trip on your own. Take a cab to el Morro a US National Historic Site view the fort then walk back down to the ship touring old San Juan. Take a street map with you. If you want to tour outside of Old San Juan you will have to book a tour. El Yunque rain forest is interesting.

We are actually going on the Royal for Thanksgiving this year. We have done Mexican Riviera a few times, so its a nice change. And with a short stay in FL before coming home to the cold Pacific NW, I'm happy for a bit of fun in the sun and ocean swimming!