Had a great time on the Pacific Princess

cheeseclan

The FC director Lindsay said that this was the first luncheon in quite a few cruises. She had no idea why the captain picked this one. I was happy that they had it and that we were invited😁

We had one too last August and were invited as well. Best risotto I've ever had. The cocktail parties are okay too.

I guess Sandy is gone and Lindsay has replaced her for a few months. I wonder if she went home (just south of us) or if she's on another ship? I know doing both jobs - the FCC and Capt. Circle Host - is a hard job for anyone to do and when the Capt. has a lunch, it's even more work for her to do. I can see them getting tired out a bit on this ship.

Last year, Oscar was not on the Pacific Princess. Word is he has been given a promotion to a larger ship. :(

Oh, no, that would make me very sad. He is such a great addition to the dining room staff. I know that he was taking a couple months off around last May while the ship did her refurbishing. Hopefully he was only gone a little while.

Oscar was not the Maitre D on this sailing, his name was Alberto. He did a wonderful job!!

As far as the refurbishment, it will be in the spring sometime. I think it was April.

Alberto is going to be one of Princess Best Maitre d’s!! I totally agree with you. My wile said he’s also really good looking..:)

Tony

Can anyone compare the Pacific Princess to cruising on the small ships of Azamara or Oceania? Whenever I look at what is offered, Oceania seems to offer a better deal with the Olife package, included speciality dining, and upgraded buffet. The small ships are nice.

Can anyone compare the Pacific Princess to cruising on the small ships of Azamara or Oceania? Whenever I look at what is offered, Oceania seems to offer a better deal with the Olife package, included speciality dining, and upgraded buffet. The small ships are nice.

I'll be able to tell you after our next cruise but in the meantime, try the Azamara board. There are similar comparisons there and a lot of Az cruisers are big fans of Oceania from what I've read.