I was just on Disneycruise.com... A MUST READ!

100viper

With the Wonder, its confusing, so stay with me. April 2011, Wonder will be doing Alaskan cruises departing from Los Angeles, CA. However, Through May 2011 - September 2011, Wonder will be departing from Vancouver, Canada for her Alaskan cruises. I guess this would make Canada her temporary home port?

After her Alaskan cruises end in September, she will go back to her home port of Los Angeles and do Mexican Riviera cruises from September 2011 - April 2012.

As for the Magic, she will be doing her normal Caribbean cruises until May 2011. Which is when she will return to Europe until September 2011. While Magic is in Europe, there will be no Caribbean cruises.

During Summer 2011, only one Disney Cruise ship will be ported in Port Canaveral, the Disney Dream. She will be doing her Bahamian cruises.

When Magic returns in September 2011, she will resume her Caribbean cruises until March 2012. Which is when Disney Fantasy will take over the Caribbean cruises. Meaning that the Disney Fantasy will most likely start sailing in March of 2012.

As for the Magic after losing her Caribbean cruising spotlight, it does not show what will happen to that beautiful ship. I am guessing that she will either be ported to Los Angeles with her sister ship, or be home-ported to Europe. Only time will tell.

It's already been announced that Fantasy's Inaugural Cruise will be in April, 2012. The most prevalent rumors have Magic being permanently relocated to the Mediterranean, exact homeport unknown.

And, yes... Vancouver will be Wonder's temporary homeport for the Alaskan cruise season.

Much to the consternation of many booked on what was going to be the inaugural.

Yup. I am still bitter I cannot go on it. I'll live though, and will just book one in August 2012 when it is cheaper anyways. :)

There are a lot of rumors about the Magic, some people say Europe, some people say it will move around a lot, sometimes splitting time between NYC and Galveston. I tend to think it won't be permanently be based in Europe, last few years they have had to have increasingly large discounts on their European cruises, so to have a ship there year round might not make sense.

Archived