DISNEY NEWBIE. Help, pls. Galveston 2013

05mak05

I've tried searching for posts regarding the Disney ship arriving in Galveston and come up with everything but info on Galveston. We're veteran cruises mainly on RCI but have also cruised on Princess, Celebrity and Carnival. Anyway, I've visited the Disney website and can't pull anything up for March 2013 out of Texas. We need 2 cabins. One for us (grandparents) and the other for our children and 2 grandchildren ages 6 & 7.

I know we'll want balconies and would prefer being next door to each other. On RCI these are few and far between. So far I haven't studied Disney deck plans but will do so. In the meantime, a few quick questions. When will Disney open the March 2013 itineraries? Does Disney discount prices to certain agencies or is the pricing standard (like RCI?) In other words, should I shop prices? Happy New Year and any and all tips, advice, comments are appreciated.

I've tried searching for posts regarding the Disney ship arriving in Galveston and come up with everything but info on Galveston. We're veteran cruises mainly on RCI but have also cruised on Princess, Celebrity and Carnival. Anyway, I've visited the Disney website and can't pull anything up for March 2013 out of Texas. We need 2 cabins. One for us (grandparents) and the other for our children and 2 grandchildren ages 6 & 7.

I know we'll want balconies and would prefer being next door to each other. On RCI these are few and far between. So far I haven't studied Disney deck plans but will do so. In the meantime, a few quick questions. When will Disney open the March 2013 itineraries? Does Disney discount prices to certain agencies or is the pricing standard (like RCI?) In other words, should I shop prices? Happy New Year and any and all tips, advice, comments are appreciated.

Only the Dream and Fantasy itineraries are out for 2013. DCL hasn't announced what the Wonder & Magic are doing for 2013 yet. No indications when that will happen.

DCL doesn't allow any discounting of their prices. That said, some TAs will offer some OBC or other perks for booking with them. Generally speaking, DCL prices rise as the ships fill up.

However, they do offer some last minute (think within 60-90 days) booking rates that a very good. The only thing is you must pay in full, and have everyones information (birthdates, etc) at booking. These bookings are IGT (interior guaranty), OGT (oceanview GTY), VGT (verandah GTY). DCL will assign rooms at anytime up to and including embarkation date. And these rates are non-refundable.

:)

On our last cruise there was a questionnaire that asked where we would like to cruise out of and where to. I am guessing they are waiting to see the results of cruisers and see what areas are booking full ships. They are having trouble filling the ship on the 2012 December MR so they canceled the cruises and are moving the ship to the Panama Canal. You need to hope that the south uses the Galvenson cruises.

Rumor is that Wonder will go to Caribbean. Maybe even Alaska in the summer. MR cruises got bad feedback and had trouble filling ships.

Magic prob. do west caribbean from Galveston in "cooler" months and Europe in summer.

Again, this is a RUMOR so it may not be true

We are a family of 5, have sailed DCL before, and will be again this year. We book adjoining balcony staterooms so we can put the kids in one and DH and I in the other with the doors propped open.

They are not too hard to get if you book a year or more in advance, but we have tried to get them on a last minute (6 months or less) deal and have never been able to. We have also found that prices only go up as the sail date gets closer. We book through our favorite TA and get great OBCs as well as cash cards.

We are a family of 5, have sailed DCL before, and will be again this year. We book adjoining balcony staterooms so we can put the kids in one and DH and I in the other with the doors propped open.

They are not too hard to get if you book a year or more in advance, but we have tried to get them on a last minute (6 months or less) deal and have never been able to. We have also found that prices only go up as the sail date gets closer. We book through our favorite TA and get great OBCs as well as cash cards.

I know you can't mention your TA (and how I wish you could) but I guess you could tell me if you use someone locally or if you use an online agent.

Mexican Riviera (I think.)

I've been to the French Riviera and I've been to the Mexican "Riviera". The only things that they have in common is that they are both an interface between sea and land.

I don't use that phrase.

I've been to the French Riviera and I've been to the Mexican "Riviera". The only things that they have in common is that they are both an interface between sea and land.

I don't use that phrase.

Isn't that the truth. For years, I watched prices on this itinerary thinking it sounded so exotic. We love Mexico and, yet, this proved to be the most disappointing of all cruises as far as ports are concerned.

Archived