Advice needed on inside cabin

Whitla42

Pro: dark, quiet, cheap

Con:dark, smaller than balcony.

When I travel solo I always get an inside room. I don't spend much time in there and when I do it is night and the dark is a good thing. I'd rather spend the money on excursions or souvenirs instead.

But it is all personal preference.

Check to make sure your inside cabin has no bunks against the wall. Last time we had an inside it had the 2 extra beds above and was so tight that we banged our heads on them every time we got up! That was on the Regal or Royal, I'm not sure which.

Check to make sure your inside cabin has no bunks against the wall. Last time we had an inside it had the 2 extra beds above and was so tight that we banged our heads on them every time we got up! That was on the Regal or Royal, I'm not sure which.
If you look a the deck plans, choose the option for 4 guests. The white cabins will not have wall mounted bunk beds and are the cabins to choose.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I often book inside cabins. Only “con” for me is not having natural light. I use my cabin to sleep, shower and dress. Even if I have an oceanview or balcony, the drapes are drawn when I’m there anyway. I never turn on the TV and don’t do it to see the bridge cam.

I bring a very small, lightweight projection clock that I plug into an outlet (usually the one near the TV) and project the time on the ceiling. This really helps me with “time disorientation” which I get without natural light.

5529bc196fb15929176c5366d2773312.jpg

On the Grand Princess, we often book inside, aft, on Deck 12, Aloha. It's close to the back pool and bar, near Horizon Court, and usually pretty quiet. The last three cabins, on the very end, are the two-person cabins, so try and get one of those.

A lot depends on your onboard activities. Are you a buffet person for breakfast and lunch? A pool person? Or someone like me who tends to eat in the dining room and avoid getting too much sun? Our favorite location for an inside on Grand-class ships is on the Plaza Deck.

If inside our choice is on a "public" deck either plaza, lido or if choosing another deck close to an outside door or stairwell. I feel to closed in, on a deck with all cabins.

At one time we only booked aft/stern cabins, liked the larger balconies......but as time has gone on and now we often book late with limited selection. So, we have have decided to try different cabins & locations....surprised that having an inside gets my DH out of the cabin more.

I'm sailing solo all the time, inside cabins and I prefer the Plaza deck. I like being close to the International Cafe as I am not a buffet person. I also like being able to come back from port and not having to use an elevator.

To all you knowledgeable people , we haven’t been on Princess before . We want to book an inside cabin on the Grand going to Hawaii but need serious help, please tell me the pros and cons of each . Many thanks.

We like inside cabins. Don't really use a balcony to make it worth the money. As far as where, we stay mostly on the lido deck. Easy access to the pool area and buffet.

To all you knowledgeable people , we haven’t been on Princess before . We want to book an inside cabin on the Grand going to Hawaii but need serious help, please tell me the pros and cons of each . Many thanks.

I'm a balcony snob, and no way would I ever consider booking an inside cabin - not even for FREE! I could not stand being in a room if I can't look out a window. I don't even get into elevators unless I absolutely have to, I take the stairs. Just thinking about it makes me hyperventilate. Consider an ocean view and pay a little extra for it.

Pros: having more money to spend on fun, near total darkness for sleeping, you will never know the struggle of trying to open a cabin door if you or your roommate/spouse has left the balcony slider open

Cons: You may have more crew noise, dependent on location; you can't get a fresh air in your room

I have done both inside cabins and balconies. If you plan to be out and about on deck most of the day, you should be perfectly fine and it's actually fun to be on deck for each port sail-away. Don't worry about cabin snobs... some of them end up occupying valuable real-estate in the bars and lounges snoozing in their chairs rather than enjoying their balconies.

When booking an inside cabin, take a small flashlight! My roommate and I had a hilarious first evening on a Hawaiian cruise when I nearly took out a wall whilst trying to locate the restroom in the middle of the night. The bridge cam actually is great for seeing the weather and experiencing the sunrise if you leave the TV on overnight.

I've booked an inside on my last 2 cruises (7-day, 14-day) because (1) there were no obstructed OVs & I wanted to be near my traveling companions & (2) I cruise solo & the cost is double.

The 14-day last month in Norway on the Sapphire was my first inside for that long.

Bottom line: I do not like inside cabins! I'm not claustrophobic; I just don't like living in a box. Yes, I turn-on the TV to the bridge cam; it's still a TV picture.

I like room service b'fast -- not much fun inside. Sometimes I like to read in my room; NOT inside. Besides, the desk chair was the only chair in the room (no space for another anyway).

I understand why folks say they don't spend much time in their room so why not get an inside -- I spent as little time as possible in the room too. I read on aft deck or in the HC (not at peak times).

I've booked another inside for 16 days next year (again $$$$); I'm already praying for an upgrade.

Yes, I know Inside is fine with many of you -- great! But I don't like them! The OP did ask.

Each cabin , that is what I am asking about, is it next to the pool , under the pool, under fitness room, away from everything and under cabins. Hope this helps.

Your use of 'each' and 'it', is confusing. Do you have a specific cabin # you are looking at and looking for information on?

Not ALL interior cabins will be under the pool or dining room or a bar, etc. But some will be. It depends on which cabin # you are considering.

In ten cruises I’ve had two inside cabins. That was only because someone else paid for the trip. I hated it because I get claustrophobic. We always book balcony rooms. We use them all. The. Time. I need a safe place to escape and read when I’ve peopled too much. We cruise to escape our hectic daily life and love leisurely solitude and fresh air of a balcony.

To book an inside.....

Pick one that has decks with cabins above and below your cabin.

Don't get one next to an empty space.

If split the bed into twins makes your room so much bigger. Two night stands in between

More room to walk around. Can sit on beds, get into bed easier. Really makes a difference.

Just take a night light for cabin at night.

Look at the deck plans on the Princess website and determine what is on the deck above/below/ and to your side. Once I had a cabin (Cat. IB) on Aloha deck that was right under the kitchen (lower floor)...noise 24 hrs/day. If you have a large crew area next to you, chances are it's a maintenance room or a supply room...people coming and going early/late in the day.

We love Grand and usually take an inside to save $. Caribe and Baja are our favorite decks as they usually have rooms above and below...less noise.

We did four Carnival and two Celeb cruises in inside cabins. On our third Celeb cruise, DW and unofficial TA, initially booked an inside cabin and then pleasantly surprised me by getting it upgraded to a balcony (partially obstructed) telling me to not get used to it as it was to be a one time thing.

HAH!!! We both liked it (me especially) and we since did a three week Princess Mediterranean cruise with a balcony, also partially obstructed and enjoyed it immensely. In December we're sailing on the Sapphire Princess out of Singapore, again with a balcony, this time unobstructed and high up (Deck 12, I think.)

I get my money's worth out of the balcony. In the past I've ordered breakfast for the balcony and enjoyed both the food and the experience. Before dinner I'll often sit out there either reading or leaning on the rail and holding a glass of wine. If I see other people doing the same thing, I'll raise my glass to them. I've yet to have anyone not return the favour.

After shows/dancing/drinks I may sit outside in the dark watching the stars, the moon's reflection on the water or maybe other ships in the distance. I live about as far away from an ocean as you can get in North America, so despite being on 8 cruises (soon 9) I can never tire of just watching the waves.

When we used inside suites we always took lower deck cabins as there were no view issues, and we don't have mobility problems. Some people on a Carnival trip said their inside suite was right under the pool deck and when there were deck parties they thought some of the dancers might fall through their ceiling.

The point: inside or outside you need to know what's beside or above your cabin. Most ships have their main entertainment and dancing at the front of the ship.

Yes, it all comes down to whether you're claustrophobic or not, whether you are willing to pay the difference to upgrade to an obstructed view just to have a window, or even whether your are willing to pay to upgrade to a balcony. For some people, money is no object. A friend of mine is currently on a two-week Celebrity cruise that's costing her husband $50,000. (They're taking their adult daughter but booked a separate room for her.) That's our budget for 20 cruises.