Room service coffee

Scaruso232

Complimentary but customary to provide a tip for the delivery service. You will not have to tip in cash. The delivery person will give you a slip to sign with a line for a gratuity to be written in and it will be automatically added to your account.

The room service coffee is not the good coffee that you can get in the International Café.

This is true. In fact, in my opinion, the room service coffee is practically undrinkable. This is one of the very few things I dislike about Princess, they cheap out on the coffee.

(Pro tip: Bring a jar or packets of GOOD instant along with you to fortify the coffee-flavored water they serve through room service.)

If you tip with cash make sure you write on the form that you sign that you paid cash for the tip. We have been charged the tip when we in fact gave the room service cash for the tip. Just something to be aware of.

you may have been charged for a room service pizza delivery...but that is not a 'tip'

is that what you are referring to??:confused:

Room service is included in the daily auto tip so DO NOT tip unless you want to keep tipping on already tipped service. The daily amount was meant to eliminate the handling of cash on board and relieve passengers from guessing if they need to tip for any service. Bars and spa are not included and add on 18% when you buy their services.

Edited by cruzsnooze

This is true. In fact, in my opinion, the room service coffee is practically undrinkable. This is one of the very few things I dislike about Princess, they cheap out on the coffee.

(Pro tip: Bring a jar or packets of GOOD instant along with you to fortify the coffee-flavored water they serve through room service.)

We bring Starbucks instant coffee packets and D'Vita Cappuccino to put in our coffee in the morning. We order room service for hot water only the first day. We get cups from Lido as the cups they give you from room service are small. We like being in control of our own coffee. We keep the carafes and go to Lido and get our own hot water. That way we're not waiting for room service.

There is no charge for room service on Princess ships...exceptions include the pizza ($3.00) and the new "improved" room service menu on at least one ship has new items available that cost $$, but the service is free.

Almost everyone gives a small tip to the delivery person ($1-3).

How can you say almost everyone? On these boards the braggarts claim to tip more then pay for the cruise but in reality many post they don't tip day and night after they tip with the auto daily gratuity. Just because someone says "everyone" doesn't make it so and negates the assertion. People should answer what they personally do because no one knows what everyone else does.

you may have been charged for a room service pizza delivery...but that is not a 'tip'

is that what you are referring to??:confused:

No, we never order pizza or any other room service but hot water in the morning (one time deal). When we saw the tip charge we asked about it at customer service and they said it was for room service. We had it removed since we gave cash.

No, we never order pizza or any other room service but hot water in the morning (one time deal). When we saw the tip charge we asked about it at customer service and they said it was for room service. We had it removed since we gave cash.

We've used room service on every cruise and there's never been a tip added. May the delivery person did it. :confused:

I love coffee and I am a daily coffee drinker. I thought the room service coffee was good.

I order room service for breakfast daily; ask for very hot coffee, 8 cups for 2 people... along with hot milk... very satisfied with the coffee delivered. We ask for delivery at a set time and they are very much on time.