Sea Princess in Key West, USA...per Bridge Cam

voljeep

Sea Princess is now on a world cruise segment that includes Key West as one of her port stops. Key West is a super port to stop in for a few hours. There is the Hemingway House, the Conch Train and Mallory Square (for the sunset viewing). I lived there (in the Navy) for two and a half years. Wonderful place.

yes, Mallory Square for the real street performers / freaks / sunset - back in the day...before the commercialization and development of Sunset Key...:mad:

and when Kevin actually owed Irish Kevins on Duval

Yes, she is on her world cruise. I have been following her all over the world via Cruise Director Corey's Facebook page.

Her stops in the US have been NY, Charleston, Miami and now Key West.

(I wish Princess made regular stops to Key West. Holland America and Disney make frequent stops there.)

The cruise lines and the Key West harbor authority have been playing a cat-and-mouse game for going on five years. The Harbor will not perform the needed-for-large-ships regular dredging of the channel without ultra long term commitments from the cruise lines to at least maintain 300-350 calls per year. Of course the cruise lines will not make that commitment until after they see the channel adequately deepened. Carnival (the cruise line at least) has made the choice to increase rentals of CocoCay from RCI rather than pay the head tax and docking fees to Key West. I guess that until channel and harbor maintenance improves you won't see Princess risk sending its newest ships there.

Edited by fishywood

Per local regulations, the pier must be deserted before sundown, to allow locals & land visitors to see the glorious sunsets

Not the Hilton/Westin/Margaritaville pier.

Every few years there is some special cruise that does 1 or 2 overnights during Fantasy Fest.

The cruise lines and the Key West harbor authority have been playing a cat-and-mouse game for going on five years. The Harbor will not perform the needed-for-large-ships regular dredging of the channel without ultra long term commitments from the cruise lines to at least maintain 300-350 calls per year. Of course the cruise lines will not make that commitment until after they see the channel adequately deepened. Carnival (the cruise line at least) has made the choice to increase rentals of CocoCay from RCI rather than pay the head tax and docking fees to Key West. I guess that until channel and harbor maintenance improves you won't see Princess risk sending its newest ships there.

Princess has a few midsize ships that would work well at Key West. How does HAL, RCCL and Carnival do it? Sure would be nice if it was a regular stop.