Oxygen Generators

RetiredandLovingit

Special Needs At Sea rents oxygen generators and delivers directly to Princess ships. Info and links are found in several sections of the FAQs on the Princess website; hopefully that is a sufficiently reliable source.

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp

(see relevant info under both 'Oxygen' and 'Accessible Cruising')

here is the page on the Special Needs At Sea site that discusses oxygen rental:

https://www.specialneedsatsea.com/reserve-equipment/oxygen-rental/

My husband has the portable concentrator as well and we just spoke with the special needs department at Princess. But if you want oxygen delivered to the ship ask your oxygen provider or your doctor because I think they will have to okay it. You can probably ask the special needs department what their policies are for oxygen. Good luck.

Unless things have changed since I retired 8 years ago, if you have Medicare (probably most other insurance as well), you'll have to pay "out of pocket to rent a concentrator on the ship. We used to hassle with that every time one of our patients decided to take a cruise.

BTW: for those who own a portable concentrator, be sure you have it checked at least once a year to make sure it's still actually producing oxygen.

My husband has the portable concentrator as well and we just spoke with the special needs department at Princess. But if you want oxygen delivered to the ship ask your oxygen provider or your doctor because I think they will have to okay it. You can probably ask the special needs department what their policies are for oxygen. Good luck.

Hi Roudy1

What can you tell me about the portable concentrators. My wife does not need to be on it all the time, just at night when she sleeps. How many hours does it last and how long to charge up?

Jim

We are on our second POC (portable oxygen concentrator). We bought an Inogen G4 with 2 and 4 hour batteries. It can also operate on 120V. It only weighs 3 pound with the 2 hour battery and can be slung over your shoulder. And importantly, the sieve beds can be easily replaced and are modular. The sieve beds are the ‘filters’ that trap nitrogen and allow oxygen to pass (concentrator). They wear out over time. Gary loves it. The POC is FAA approved so can be used to fly. It is a pulse POC and can supply up to 3 liters per minute.

Sent from my iPad using Forums