Feel bad for Newark passengers

lfreda

We were scheduled on a flight tonight from Newark to FLL for the Getaway on Sunday. The flight was cancelled and I saw several cruise passengers pleading with the airline staff to rebook them because they had cruises leaving tomorrow and Sunday. The next flight they could offer was Tuesday! I won't mention the airline name but I am sure that most of you could probably guess. Lesson learned. We are rebooked for tomorrow morning but that will be the last time I book in the Haven and cheap out on the air lol 😂. Unfortunately, I have to just pull an all nighter because we need to leave for the new flight at 4.

not living on the east coast, no I can't imagine which line, but regardless; yes, I too feel for anyone that has this happen to them. We used to fly in 2 days ahead because we often used air line passes and could get bumped. Now we do, normally only fly in 1 day early and even then I worry about cancellations. WE are going out of San Juan next Feb and that is my biggest concern: the flight being delayed or cancelled due to weather. I am glad the ship doesn't leave til late evening. It will almost give us an extra day if we do have weather delays.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, we'll soon be seeing a bunch of posts from people who missed their cruise and who are blaming NCL for not refunding their money or letting them switch to a different cruise. Everything will be greedy, nickel & dime, NCL's fault. And of course, all of the customer service reps will be rude.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, we'll soon be seeing a bunch of posts from people who missed their cruise and who are blaming NCL for not refunding their money or letting them switch to a different cruise. Everything will be greedy, nickel & dime, NCL's fault. And of course, all of the customer service reps will be rude.

And twenty posts insulting people who didn't get travel insurance. ;p

I just looked, and both Jet Blue and Spirit are showing availability today and Sunday for a Newark to Ft. Lauderdale flight. Southwest has no open seats until late Sunday, but even that doesn't fit the Op's description of nothing until Tuesday.

It's not like the affected passengers don't have multiple options for getting to Fort Lauderdale from changing airlines to changing airports (I've heard there are a few other airports in the NYC area).

Something seems odd/fishy about all of this. I’ve flown out of NY airports for a large portion of my life and have missed flights and airlines have been able to book me out of one of the other airports if there isn’t one out of the primary (JFK/LGA/EWR/HPN/SWF) I’ve even been moved to Hartford to make my flight work. Not sure why this is such a huge deal. Eat the cost book a new flight or ask for another flight out of a nearby airport... unless it’s like allegiant which doesn’t have a lot of different airports available.

And it will the same old tired cast of cruise critic blowhards firing the insults. You can almost predict their screen names.

Yep!

And I have most of them blocked already! Haha!

Guess we’re in the minority of being raised on the “if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all” rule?

BE NICE PEOPLE!

Even Cruise Critic gets the life sucked out of it by those people sometimes....and we ALL have at least one thing in common - a love for cruising!!

Now.....back to the original post....

Hope it all works out for everyone!! [emoji2][emoji106]☀️

And twenty posts insulting people who didn't get travel insurance. ;p

Hmmm.. While I've bought insurance for a cruise (Both cruise and independent companies) I've never had to file on insurance. Do they reinburse your lost cruise cost IF you airline cancels your flight and you miss your cruise? Just wondering

Mac

You could jump in the car right now and still make it with plenty of time to spare.

19 hours of straight driving is still probably better than flying Spirit.

NY/NJ area experiencing one and off severe storms (last night, today) ...not so sure anyone would want to drive anywhere today!!!

NY/NJ area experiencing one and off severe storms (last night, today) ...not so sure anyone would want to drive anywhere today!!!

If it meant not missing the boat, I'd tough it out and drive right through...and with embarkation being tomorrow, there's time to take it slow through the rough spots.

You could jump in the car right now and still make it with plenty of time to spare.

19 hours of straight driving is still probably better than flying Spirit.

You don't have to drive all the way to Florida, last time I checked the are airports in Philly, Atlantic City, Washington DC that will require at the most 4 hours of driving

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something seems odd/fishy about all of this. I’ve flown out of NY airports for a large portion of my life and have missed flights and airlines have been able to book me out of one of the other airports if there isn’t one out of the primary (JFK/LGA/EWR/HPN/SWF) I’ve even been moved to Hartford to make my flight work. Not sure why this is such a huge deal. Eat the cost book a new flight or ask for another flight out of a nearby airport... unless it’s like allegiant which doesn’t have a lot of different airports available.

(JFK/LGA/EWR/HPN/SWF) - the departure airport options

JFK - Kennedy Airport

LGA - LaGuardia

EWR - Newark Airport Newark NJ

HPN - Westchester Airport White Plains NY

SWF - Stewart Intl Airport Newburgh NY

Other options not mentioned - Connection flights via Atlanta GA - Charlotte NC - Raleigh NC -

and Amtrak to PHL (Philadelphia) BWI (Baltimore Washington Airport)

The (Florida) arrival airport options - MIA (Miami) MCO (Orlando) JAX (Jacksonville) TPA (Tampa) PBI (West Palm Beach)

Arrive at any one of these and except for weather related conditions the cruise game is on schedule.

Those that are a bit distant (JAX and TPA) - rent-a-car.

You want to catch that cruise and times are desperate think outside the regular scheduled box service -

know what options are available - but do plan your travels with a cushion of time to pull it off !

Don't be a basket case having all you eggs in one basket - now enjoy your cruise !

If it meant not missing the boat, I'd tough it out and drive right through...and with embarkation being tomorrow, there's time to take it slow through the rough spots.

I understand what you are saying..but I was saying these storms were so bad that some roads (minor and major) were closed by severe flooding and fallen trees ...And we are expecting possibility of more today.

We were scheduled on a flight tonight from Newark to FLL for the Getaway on Sunday. The flight was cancelled and I saw several cruise passengers pleading with the airline staff to rebook them because they had cruises leaving tomorrow and Sunday. The next flight they could offer was Tuesday! I won't mention the airline name but I am sure that most of you could probably guess. Lesson learned. We are rebooked for tomorrow morning but that will be the last time I book in the Haven and cheap out on the air lol 😂. Unfortunately, I have to just pull an all nighter because we need to leave for the new flight at 4.

Why not mention the airline?

This information is important so that people don't book these types of airlines when time is critical.

Hmmm.. While I've bought insurance for a cruise (Both cruise and independent companies) I've never had to file on insurance. Do they reinburse your lost cruise cost IF you airline cancels your flight and you miss your cruise? Just wondering

Mac

It all depends on the terms and conditions of the policy.