Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

Can anyone comment on the VX deluxe verandah cabins. Fore and aft

7116 aft

7121 aft

8090 aft

8093 art

Also..how can I access the spreadsheet. I clicked on it in first 10 pages but it was a work in progress ( few staterooms referenced initially).

Appreciate the effort involved. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

We had room 7116 on Oceania Sirena (R class ship) for a 35 day cruise around Australia last year. I asked if we could have two sun loungers as the balcony is plenty big enough for them and they were brought very quickly. It was wonderful to have them for such a long cruise. We did have a little soot on a couple of days but otherwise it was fine. We like the aft cabins which give such a good view and deck 7 aft cabins have more privacy than deck 8 which has the terrace above them.

We had a VX aft cabin (6093) and did not find it to either lack privacy or be “soot covered.” On a couple of occasions, there was a few flecks of soot here and there, but that was about it and it was no big deal. The views were great and the square footage was slightly more

Ship Pursuit 7104

Month/Year sailed. August. 2018

Would you choose this room again Y/

Is noise an issue N

Balcony size Normal

Shower very small , We’ve been on other ships of same design. Don’t remember such a small shower.

Great idea .

Stateroom Number - 7061

Ship - Journey

Month/Year sailed - July 24th 2018

Would you choose this room again Y/N -Yes. Close to the Laundry on the other side of the ship

Is noise an issue Y/N - No. None at all.

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller - Normal. Starboard side, As it is where the ship joins so there is a sold Metal sheet on one side giving complete privacy. Other side has a interconnecting glass door like all others.

Any other comments - The room is a good size but the shower area is not if you drop the soap you have to pull back the fabric(lets call it plastic screen curtain) and back out to pick it up. For a claimed luxury cruise ship I think this is not right. Should have been a shower screen door.

I don't understand what difference a "shower screen door" (whatever that is) would have made for the situation you described. The shower would still be the same size, so if you had to "back out" to pick up the soap, you would have had to open the "shower screen door" (again, whatever that is) before backing out to get the soap.

The angst here on the part of a few over something as trivial as the shower size continues to baffle. Someone now even "hates" it! Remarkable.

I don't understand what difference a "shower screen door" (whatever that is) would have made for the situation you described. The shower would still be the same size, so if you had to "back out" to pick up the soap, you would have had to open the "shower screen door" (again, whatever that is) before backing out to get the soap.

The angst here on the part of a few over something as trivial as the shower size continues to baffle. Someone now even "hates" it! Remarkable.

The comment was made in the context that the cruise line claims a luxury cruise status and having a shower that small and a plastic screen is by no means indicating a luxury status. I have been on many cruise ships before and all have had larger shower recesses and screen doors

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Cabin Number 6046

Ship Journey

Month/Year sailed Sept 2018

Would you choose this room again Y

Is noise an issue N

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller n/a

Any other comments Quiet.  Probably one of the better views out of lifeboat restricted window.  Wardrobe more accessible, but small cabin with no table.  Forget room service!

Phil

5E32B632-F835-4607-8A3B-A489F8BD8400.jpeg

A5DAE869-1C4A-4C94-95CF-35BA3D0BF935.jpeg

Stateroom: 8002

Ship: Pursuit

Sail date: October 2018

Balcony size: normal 

Noise: Yes, crew door across hall

Book again?  No

Comments: Crew door slam shakes walls, otherwise quiet with no noise from above.  Too far forward for rough seas, which we experienced.

Edited by flyingshoes

15 hours ago, uktog said:

I have had some issues with the new site re uploading files but (I hope) I have finally cracked it!

First feedback from Pursuit is now included in the sheet.

Azamara cabin spreadsheet 261018.pdf

Thanks so much for keeping this up to date. A really useful resource. 

Phil 

• Like 1

Cabin: 7006

Ship: Pursuit

Sailed: October 2018

Choose again: No (unless there was a good offer as this cruise was)

Noise: Yes

Balcony: N/A

Comments: Lovely large ocean view room incorporating balcony space inside. BUT noise from anchor chain and bow thrusters really bad.

IMG_E3246.JPG

Cabin Number: 7005

Ship: Azamara Quest

Month/Year sailed: September 2018

Would you choose this room again? Yes! Already booked for 2020.

Is noise an issue: Only during docking (Not a problem at all) 

Balcony size: Huge balcony overlooking bow, with a table and chairs, plus two sun loungers

This is a Club Ocean Suite. As others have noted there was noise from bow thrusters during docking, but we did not find that objectionable at all, and more than made up for by the great room and service. Booked same room on Journey for Oct 2020.

20180905_AzamaraCruise_5650.jpg

20180905_AzamaraCruise_5656.jpg

20180910_AzamaraCruise_6758.jpg

Edited by JIMinNC

Cabin 8039. Club Continent Suite

Ship. Azamara Quest

Sail Date. 13th October 2018

Choose Again  - Maybe but some noise early morning from deck above with chairs etc being moved.

Balcony - slightly larger than standard cabins

Comments   Nice cabin with easy access to lifts. Was able to fit 4 chairs on the balcony for drinks with friends. As stated there was some noise early morning from the deck above it wasn’t a major problem but we were aware of it. Terrible smell from the shower drain when we first boarded but this was put right by maintenance.

If you look at the spreadsheet - latest on post 564 - and check off some room numbers.  You are right, quite a few are noisy but as you will see from the spreadsheet some are better than others - avoid anything under the patio and the kitchen area behind it

• Like 1

On both my Android tablet and Windows 10 laptop the Noise and Other comments columns don't appear on the page with the columns having stateroom number, yes/no, month/year, etc.  So I see those two rightmost columns in pages that appear below the pages with room numbers, month/year, etc., but without room numbers so it is virtually impossible to associate a comment with a room number.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marinaro44 said:

On both my Android tablet and Windows 10 laptop the Noise and Other comments columns don't appear on the page with the columns having stateroom number, yes/no, month/year, etc.  So I see those two rightmost columns in pages that appear below the pages with room numbers, month/year, etc., but without room numbers so it is virtually impossible to associate a comment with a room number.

Looks the same on my huge iMac screen. The problem appears to the PDF was formatted in a portrait orientation where it should have been formatted in an landscape orientation.

Edited by JIMinNC
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 7:35 PM, JIMinNC said:

Looks the same on my huge iMac screen. The problem appears to the PDF was formatted in a portrait orientation where it should have been formatted in an landscape orientation.

As the person who developed and has updated the spreadsheet I have checked it was as before formatted and uploaded in landscape therefore I have no idea how the issue has arisen. Never was a problem with the old boards. 

It was a nightmare uploading with the new boards anyway so I am not sure as I am cruising for a while if I can do anymore. 

4 minutes ago, uktog said:

As the person who developed and has updated the spreadsheet I have checked it was as before formatted and uploaded in landscape therefore I have no idea how the issue has arisen. Never was a problem with the old boards. 

It was a nightmare uploading with the new boards anyway so I am not sure as I am cruising for a while if I can do anymore. 

When I posted my thanks above for keeping it updated it was ok then, I’m sure.  So something has happened in the interim.  Perhaps Host Grandma can check?

Phil