Website Scheduled Maintenance Oct 7, 2018

BBMacLaird

FYI, many functions of the Azamara website will be down for 18 hours this weekend, beginning Saturday night (Oct 6).

The full outage time is 12am (midnight) on Saturday night through 6pm on Sunday afternoon (Oct 7) Miami time.

You will not be able to access Online Check In, Voyage Planner, My Account, online bookings and a few other functions during this time. We apologize for the inconvenience!

As this maintenance is across all the RCCL brands it’s interesting to see how each brand has handled alerting customers on their websites, I’m referring to their U.K. websites.

Royal Caribbean: you can search and view cruises but if you press “Book Now” there’s a message about the website maintenance.

Celebrity: when you enter the site there’s a flash alert that that portion of the site is undergoing maintenance.

Azamara: you can search and view cruises but if you try to book there’s just a blank page and no message.

Of the three Celebrity has to be the best at least customers are advised at the outset while the others are going to lead to frustration. This was done using Safari on an iPad so be interesting to know if different browsers work differently.

Just checked using Safari on a desktop and the Azamara site has an alert on entering the site that did not appear on my iPad, no such alert on the RC site.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Riocca

That’s strange, when I went to Azamara on my IPad the first thing I saw was the website maintenance message. That was the Azamara.co.uk website.

Just tried clearing cookies and re-entering the site and now I get the message as well, very strange.

Just goes to show what a difficult time software developers have when you think of all the combinations of operating systems, software versions and web browsers there are out there.

Just tried clearing cookies and re-entering the site and now I get the message as well, very strange.

Just goes to show what a difficult time software developers have when you think of all the combinations of operating systems, software versions and web browsers there are out there.

Too true