Quest rooms 8056-8060

joeyg

Has anyone stayed in cabin 8056-8060 on the Quest. is there a concern with deck 9 noise?

any input great.

Regularly travel in 8056 no problem with noise from above, cabin is below the coffee and tea area in Windows.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've been in 8054 and there is no noise. Based on the location as mentioned by Riocca, I would expect 8056 to also be quiet. One note, 8056 has tiny shelves in the bathroom because of structural reasons. Standard shelves are 6-7 inches deept, 8056 is no more than 3-4, if that.

We've been in 8054 and there is no noise. Based on the location as mentioned by Riocca, I would expect 8056 to also be quiet. One note, 8056 has tiny shelves in the bathroom because of structural reasons. Standard shelves are 6-7 inches deept, 8056 is no more than 3-4, if that.

8056 on Journey has deeper shelves than 8056 on Quest, don’t know if it’s just that cabin on Quest or a difference between the ships.

Interesting. When we were on Quest in 8054, we had friends who were in anotehr N1 on port and they complained (I think they were around 8042 or 8044). Since we planned to book a 31-day b2b, we asked Phillip about which cabins had small shelves. Since we were concerned about noise, we also looked at 8055, 8057 and 8056 on Quest. Only 8056 in that group had the small shelves. Phillp siad as far as he know there were only two cabins (both on port side) with that issue. It has something to do with structural support and that is illustrated by the placement of the shelves (the small ones are on a different wall). Since we were looking at Journey for our b2b, he e-mailed Ryzard to ask about the 4 cabins were were considering. The answer was that only 8056 had small shelves. But maybe because the information went through several hands, I guess it's possible that on Journey they are larger than 8056 on Quest but I am confident they are smaller than standard.

If you don't have a lot of bathroom "stuff" of can take some over-the-door pockets, it shouldn't be a big issue. I just thought it was enough difference to mention.

Interesting. When we were on Quest in 8054, we had friends who were in anotehr N1 on port and they complained (I think they were around 8042 or 8044). Since we planned to book a 31-day b2b, we asked Phillip about which cabins had small shelves. Since we were concerned about noise, we also looked at 8055, 8057 and 8056 on Quest. Only 8056 in that group had the small shelves. Phillp siad as far as he know there were only two cabins (both on port side) with that issue. It has something to do with structural support and that is illustrated by the placement of the shelves (the small ones are on a different wall). Since we were looking at Journey for our b2b, he e-mailed Ryzard to ask about the 4 cabins were were considering. The answer was that only 8056 had small shelves. But maybe because the information went through several hands, I guess it's possible that on Journey they are larger than 8056 on Quest but I am confident they are smaller than standard.

If you don't have a lot of bathroom "stuff" of can take some over-the-door pockets, it shouldn't be a big issue. I just thought it was enough difference to mention.

Since the refit other than 8056 we have only had 8061 on Journey, but on Journey we didn’t notice any difference between the shelves in either cabin. However the small shelves were the first thing we noticed when we boarded Quest last September.

• 10 months later...

We have recently had 8050 on Quest, again there were the smaller shelves in the bathroom. However the cabin was below the seating area on deck 9 and was surprisingly noisy, especially when furniture was being moved at 6am.