Cuba Visa - Available on board Azamara for Brits?

k0k0

Hi,

Can anyone confirm the process for obtaining a Visa for an Azamara Cuba cruise?

Azamara's web site says "It is the responsibility of the guests to obtain information on countries that require visas on your voyage and Cruisetour, and then to obtain the appropriate visa. Please contact the Embassy (Consular Services) of each country on your voyage or the visa service of your choice for specific visa requirements, information, forms and fees based on your nationality."

However, I have also read that Tourist Visas are provided on the Ship at a charge of $75. Confused!

Last time I went to Cuba I got a Tourist Visa, which is good for all EU residents, only costs £17 and is valid for 30 days, but is limited to one entry / one exit. Since the cruise leaves Cuba for Grand Cayman, then re-enters Cuba, I doubt that this is acceptable.

Does anyone know how it actually works?

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone confirm the process for obtaining a Visa for an Azamara Cuba cruise?

Azamara's web site says "It is the responsibility of the guests to obtain information on countries that require visas on your voyage and Cruisetour, and then to obtain the appropriate visa. Please contact the Embassy (Consular Services) of each country on your voyage or the visa service of your choice for specific visa requirements, information, forms and fees based on your nationality."

However, I have also read that Tourist Visas are provided on the Ship at a charge of $75. Confused!

Last time I went to Cuba I got a Tourist Visa, which is good for all EU residents, only costs £17 and is valid for 30 days, but is limited to one entry / one exit. Since the cruise leaves Cuba for Grand Cayman, then re-enters Cuba, I doubt that this is acceptable.

Does anyone know how it actually works?

Thanks

For Cuba Azamara requires all passengers to use a visa provided by Azamara and provided to you and charged to you. Check out the FAQ for Cuba cruises and spelled out there.

Interesting and confusing! I just had my (UK) travel agent call Azamara and she was told that I should obtain the visas (tourist cards) myself before I go. Azamara also said that onboard the fee will be $150 per person (2 x $75) because the itinerary visits Cayman between Cuba ports necessitating 2 separate visas.

Also Azamara recommends https://visacentral.com/tourkits.php?bookmark=1&login=azamaraclubcruises for obtaining visas and there it says "Cuba: Cuban tourist visas for U.S. passport holders will be secured by Azamara at a cost of $75 per person. This fee will be added to your onboard account. Non U.S. citizens and travelers who were born in Cuba should contact the cruise line for further instructions and requirements.

Interesting and confusing! I just had my (UK) travel agent call Azamara and she was told that I should obtain the visas (tourist cards) myself before I go. Azamara also said that onboard the fee will be $150 per person (2 x $75) because the itinerary visits Cayman between Cuba ports necessitating 2 separate visas.

Also Azamara recommends https://visacentral.com/tourkits.php?bookmark=1&login=azamaraclubcruises for obtaining visas and there it says "Cuba: Cuban tourist visas for U.S. passport holders will be secured by Azamara at a cost of $75 per person. This fee will be added to your onboard account. Non U.S. citizens and travelers who were born in Cuba should contact the cruise line for further instructions and requirements.

It certainly is confusing. The Cuba FAQ section on Azamara's website (below, from https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/destinations/cuba/faq) is what I shall be relying on and it makes clear they'll sell me (a Brit) a visa onboard.

Will I be required to have a visa to enter Cuba?

Guests are required to purchase a visa to travel to Cuba. Azamara Club Cruises will facilitate this for our guests at a cost of $75 per person. Guest will receive their Visa onboard, and will be responsible for providing their Visa to the Cuban authorities upon arrival in Cuba. If a guest loses their Visa, they will be able to purchase a new Visa onboard at an additional cost of $75.